Inspiration Crescendo doesn't affect Bard Ultimate

The text for Inspiration Instrument says the crescendo will “greatly increase” the duration of ongoing supers. While it does fill up the yellow bar, it doesn’t appear to be effecting Bard’s Ultimate duration. The buff wears off on characters at the same rate.

I’ll continue testing and see if it just doesn’t work on anything.

7 Likes

Yeah, I haven’t seen any effect with the crescendo so I kind of dropped inspiration. Let us know if it is true on all class supers (or if it works on other bards).

The issue is most classes don’t benefit from the inspiration crescendo because there super isn’t compatible with it. (hopefully they change that in the rebalance)

only musky, bard and ranger can benefit but musky generally isn’t being played if there’s a bard and when it does the musky super is used for the instant refill rather than the increased respawn speed of orbs.

So only bard/ranger really benefit from an increased super. It’s great for rangers.

For bard from my experience the bar when you super gets refilled slightly like it should during your super but I never tested if that actually increases the length and/or other players damage boost length. It should increase everyone that’s within range for an extended period of time.

1 Like

A few players I trust have confirmed that the damage buff from our ult doesn’t get extended, even if the bar does.

2 Likes

We’ll take a look at this ultimate when we’re looking at bard fixes and rebalancing.

2 Likes

It may be worth also looking at how much the passive boosts Wisdom. Currently, it’s a 10% increase, which is less than half a Bracer of Wisdom. Wearing two Chaos Signet rings gives the same Wisdom boost. While the Bard boost does stack, it’s rather small compared to all the items that give the same benefit.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.