Interactive map

love left map more for sure on highsteppe. others also nicer paths on left one.

K, people like the new ones it seems(doesn’t matter anymore tho, already put too much work in to not use it :rofl: )
Next update should probably be sometime tomorrow with a bunch of new maps(not just overworld) and hopefully a hefty reduction in download size. nvm

here’s a little sneak peak

6 Likes

Update 2.20.0 - new maps

• updated following maps with new shaders and textures:
    • Overworld
    • The Forsaken Isle
    • Crypt
    • Sewer
    • K’tula’s Cove
  • made brand new maps for the 4 DLC zones
3 Likes

The static maps maps have now also been updated, you can find them in the discord or here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZeuQjI1uU59jUfQukFes70iGRkLi3Ihq?usp=sharing

3 Likes

I am starting the prosses of creating new and better static maps, for this purpose I have made a survey so you all can let me know what you would want on a static map. It would help a lot if you could take the time to fill it out, thank you.

Update 3.0.0

• added new static map tool
  • updated big parts of the UI
  • updated abandoned Mine map
  • updated Ruins of Guild City map
  • updated app icon
  • minor improvements made to the Overworld map
  • minor improvements made to K’tula’s Cove map
  • minor improvements made to the Citadel map
  • reorganized some lists
  • renamed “Special” list to “Miscellaneous”
  • split some long tooltips into multiple lines
  • fixed issue with mob list

Static Map Tool
The static map tool allows you to make static maps yourself with whatever you want on them. This means that if you think my static maps have too much stuff and are too hard to navigate, then you can make your own with just what you need and they’ll look just as good as my static maps.
The tool lets you create lists with all the items on the map and text telling you what they are. These lists can be moved around to wherever you see fit and snap into place.
In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve released new static maps of my own, they were made pretty much only using the new static map tool. So if you’re curious what you can make, check out the demo video linked at the bottom or check this post

To access it you have to enable it in the settings, it will be disabled by default every time since it’s not really something you will likely use often. Other than that Most of it’s pretty self explanatory(i hope), but I have also put together some documentation for it, so if you’re not sure what something does, check the documentation linked at the bottom.

UI Overhaul
The rightside UI is now way cleaner and IMO better looking, but then again I have been staring at it for way too many hours so please give me your honest feedback on it. The biggest part of updating the UI was the backend, but that also means I can now very easily make further changes to it, so let me know what you think of it and what you might want different.

3.0?!
With the recent search overhaul, new maps and now a static map creator and UI overhaul I felt it was about time to jump up to 3.0.0. The map is better than it has ever been before and at thins point it feels almost “done”. Then again, I though that for the 2.0.0 release too, so who knows, I’ll probably find more things to add and I’ll of course be updating it with orbus to stay up to date.

New Launcher
Due to several issues with the old launcher i have finally made a new one. Layout and functionality is the same, but it looks a little different and doesn’t require .NET Core to run. It can be downloaded using the same link as the old launcher.

Static map tool demo

Static map tool documentation

1 Like

Update 3.1.0 - Quest Helper and Fall Festival

• added Quest Helper, currently only with the Pre-MSQ and MSQ quests, more coming
  • added Fall Festival mobs and NPCs
  • added missing light spell
  • added missing npc in sarrows’ cave
  • added table of contents to the journal, which allows you to jump to more specific parts of the journal
  • added pre-MSQ and MSQ to the journal
  • reorganized the journal
  • updated public event icon
  • updated mission vendor icons
  • updated quest item icons
  • updated sprites for multiple UI elements
  • updated credits, (hopefully)everyone who has helped find/fix an issue are credited now
  • items in the search list now match the color of their respective category
  • any identical objects in the same zone will be grouped and show as one item in the search list instead of showing each one individually
  • minor performance improvements to the search system
  • reduced the size increase when hovering over collapsed filter lists
  • fixed minor issue with some of the search list
  • fixed chaos blade tooltips not being numbered
  • fixed lost wood numbering
  • fixed some tooltips

Quest Helper
The quest helper let’s you look through the quests of OrbusVR and see all you need to know to complete it. It even guides you to the items, NPCs, Resources, etc. you need to complete the quest. If you’re stuck at a specific quest you can search for it and let the map guide you through what you need to do.
Currently only the MSQ and Pre-MSQ quests have been implemented, but more is coming, eventually I hope to have all quests on the map.
Quest Helper Demo:

4 Likes

Update 3.2.0 - Plateau of Apophis

• added Plateau of Apophis dungeon and everything in it
  • fixed critter capture so they can be searched for and focused on
  • improved the search algorithm
  • changed “Books” to “Lore”
  • Updated mob categories of chaos mobs to be more consistent with in-game names
  • many misc. improvements and minor changes i forgot to write down while working on the discord bot
4 Likes

Update 3.2.1 - Winter Festival

• added winter festival stuff
  • removed fall festival stuff

The Map bot has also been updated with the winter festival stuff

2 Likes

wow, the download link to the launcher just hit 1000 clicks! That’s not even counting direct zip downloads or download links posted with the patch notes.

Thank you all for using the map, reporting bugs and giving feedback, it’s what has motivated me to keep working on it and keeping it up to date.

8 Likes

Thank you for that FANTASTIC work! It has been helpful in so many ways.

5 Likes

Update 3.2.2 - Spring Festival

• added spring festival stuff
  • removed winter festival stuff
  • fixed issue with public event timer
4 Likes

Well, the map is 3 years old now, how time flies.
Thank you all for continuing to use the map for these years!

10 Likes

And thank you for the awesome resource! I love feeling like a super-nerd with my laptop running your map to the side of me while I’m in Orbus. Super fun hearing new player’s reactions to it when I direct them to the download as well :grin:

4 Likes

Using the map is a one-way road. Once you find it out and starting using it, you can’t go back and stop.

Thank you for the awesome work on the map, it has been helping us in so many ways.

4 Likes

Update 3.3.0 - The Final™ update

• added missing fish rotations on forsaken isle
  • updated tooltips for most missing persons quest items
  • added all the festival stuff for tthe whole year

Final™
Now that orbus is no longer being updated I will also call the map “done”. If there are minor things that need fixing, I may take the time to do that, but no new features are comming to the map again.
It’s been a wild ride and I’ve learned so much from working on this project, both in terms of technical know-how and knowledge, but I’ve also gotten a greater appreciation for the value of helping others, which I will always bring with me.
As I’ve said before, thank you all for enabling me and motivating me to work on this, it has seriously changed me in several ways.

7 Likes

Thank you for everything with the map! I’ll still be using it until I can’t anymore, that’s for sure. 10/10 best resource for fishies and public events (that’s what I do the most). Am sad there won’t be anything new but it was a joy watching it change and grow over time.

3 Likes

That work made a difference for all of us, information seekers. I can’t thank you enough for dedicating your time and sharing your knowledge to help us.

3 Likes

There are those who go above and beyond, and then there’s Potato.

Thank you so much for the time, energy, and resources you put into making this community tool.

6 Likes

Update 3.3.1

• updated the location of the festival lights

Launcher download:

Zip download:

Discord:

2 Likes