Introducing the Unofficial Orbus Armory

What about changing it in: (shard level + 1 * minutes left) * 10?

That way if 2 fellowships clear all dungeons at the same tiers they won’t have the same scores and the one who did it faster will be rewarded.

Can’t help but notice that this increased the host of the leaderboard’s score a whopping 600 points, and took away the from the #1 position, Nox, 200 points. Will how ranks are calculated keep changing to better the score of the site’s host?

Breakdown of Nox’s score:

Best run: Mayo T10 with 9 minutes remaining = 10090 points

Bonus:
Mayo T10 = 100 (10 * 10) points
Desert crypt T10 = 100 (10 * 10) points
Rainforest T10 = 100 (10 * 10) points
Tradu Lab T10 = 100 (10 * 10) points
Tradu Skywalk T8 = 80 (8 * 10) points
Tradu Forest T8 = 80 (8 * 10) points
Tradu Crypt T5 = 50 (5 * 10) points

Bonus Total = 100 + 100 + 100 + 100 + 80 + 80 + 50 = 610

Total score = 10700

Breakdown of Alphabet’s score:

Best run: Desert T10 with 0 minutes remaining = 10000 points

Bonus:
Mayo T8 = 80 (8 * 10) points
Desert crypt T10 = 100 (10 * 10) points
Rainforest T9 = 90 (9 * 10) points
Tradu Lab T9 = 90 (9* 10) points
Tradu Skywalk T9 = 90 (9 * 10) points
Tradu Forest T9 = 90 (9 * 10) points
Tradu Crypt T6 = 60 (6 * 10) ponits

Bonus total = 80 + 100 + 90 + 90 + 90 + 90 + 60 = 600

Total score = 10600

Hope this clarifies it a little.

As to for your alleged favoritism claims: the point of the change was to alleviate the RNG’s effect on the score. Some people get easier shards, some harder shards so its all in the name of fairness.

2 Likes

I’m experimenting with some different changes to how the time is taken into account when counting the bulk score, and this is one of them. Haven’t decided on one yet, but its evident that some change is wanted/needed for it and I’ll update it when I find the best solution

1 Like

I think this is actually the way I’m gonna go with it. It’ll break the scores a little rather than being neat powers of 10, but it will cope much better with the scenario @Johann brought up where people with 0 minutes and those with 3 hours are on the same line.

I’ll play around with it a little bit and introduce the changes tomorrow (10 or so hours) if nothing breaks horribly

im a bit confused on how it works as well, so i would like to clarify
so it works that it counts only 1 score per dungeon correct? so there is the main score of your best shard,lets say it 10000, and then past that it adds 1 score per dungeon.
so you have your 10000, and then a extra 100 from a cave dungeon for a T10 clear, 100 for a rainforest, etc, but then only mabye a 50 from a crypt because you dont do them at the high tiers.
you only get 1 bonus score per dungeon, which is the highest clear on that specfic dungeon, right? so the importance lies on being more spread out with your completions, instead of only doing T10s of specific dungeons, and never doing more challenging ones

2 Likes

Hey man.

Yes the problem with counting only the highest shard level you have is that the dungeons do all vary in difficulty. To make a more balanced ranking system we have broke it down by point allocation across highest success
of all available dungeons instead of a single one (otherwise it becomes a mayo 10 race; obviously not in Riley’s interest).

Cheers,

Hey I LOVE this!!! That way it’s harder to get to the top by just doing the easy shards. This is a great way to balance the shards! Nicely done and thank you for all of the hard work you put into it!

4 Likes

Thanks Jinx,

I am sure we will improve it as we go to make it more interesting for everyone.

So it is no longer about shard progression, i.e. in a hypothetical scenario the fellowship with 100 TX runs shouldn’t be higher than the one with 99 TX runs and 1 T(X-1)?

I suggest getting rid of the points system, it is only to involve a very hard and delicate formula to find the conversions of things. How many points is a Maeo Sanctum compared to a Crypt, how much value should be given to time remaining, linear or exponential? How much are different tiers valued, and so on.

An easier system would be to have different rankings based on each dungeon. Compare all Maeo’s to Maeo’s and display it the data as which are the fastest runs with higher tiers having priority over lower tiers. Compare all Tardu Forest with other Tardu Forest and display which team has the fastest highest shard first.

I imagine given enough time the data base will be filled with just T10 information. You should try to rank it based on this. Sure there are guilds that won’t make it, but they too will be able to complete a T10 eventually, and if they do care about being in the leader boards then they will try harder to do it faster.

I am however aware that mutations will make this difficult but I think this is step in the more ideal system.

That probably makes the most sense until 10-mans. 10-mans will be much easier to track as there won’t be any RNG as we understand it at this point.

Hey Neo_Zain,

The different dungeons are worth the same points, there is no difference between Maeo’s Sanctum or Tradu Crypt. The only difference is, that if a team has completed every single dungeon to T9, but only a single T10, then they will get credit for the T9 dungeons as well. If they completed T9 Rainforest and T10 Rainforest, only the T10 will count towards the points.

Also if there are multiple T10 runs from multiple dungeons, you will get extra score from the one with the most time remaining (the way it used to work so far), but you will also get extra scores from the different T10 runs as well.

So in Nox’s case, the base point is the same as before (10090 - Maeo’s Sanctum with 9 minutes remaining), but will also get scores from the different dungeons, e.g. Rainforest, Crypt, Skywalk etc. So if Nox’s highest Tradu Forest would be a T6, it would grant 60 point bonus, while a T8 Desert crypt would grant 80 bonus points.

The bonus point is equivalent to the highest shard level multiplied by 10, however you will not get bonus points from the dungeon type that gives your main score (in Nox’s example that would be Maeo’s Sanctum, in ABC’s case it would be Desert Crypt), but it does not mean that different dungeons are worth different amount of points.

How does alphabet have 36 members on the armory with 32 being active when the game limits fellowships to 30?

1 Like

Hi Geldan, if there are multiple fellowships which represent the same group of players, we group them together on demand.

I think if you have a request we can discuss? cheers.

How do you guys plan to involve 10 man raids into PvE? I was suggesting just getting rid of the points system. I care more about finding out what is the best possible thing that can be done in a given dungeon.

We don’t know yet. Not sure how to measure progress for now. When riley releases more information we can watch the forums for feedback and see what people generally want out of it.

Can I suggest just getting rid of PvE category :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:?

This makes no sense, the game caps fellowships at 30. Arbitrarily deciding to group people together outside of these restrictions creates quite a few complications.

I believe that the armory should follow what the api returns, otherwise who can even tell what it is measuring?

1 Like

It is up to you to decide what it is measuring.