Introduction to Arena PvP: Video Coming Soon

Intro
I have been having a good amount of fun with Arena PvP in Orbus. However, I have noticed that there are a lot of questions that new players have when it comes to Arena PvP as well as some assumptions that stop people from queuing for it. I wanted to take some time to write up a little explanation on how it works in hopes that more people will begin queuing for it. I will record a video explaining this over the weekend, so please feel free to comment with any questions that remain and I will factor that into the video too.

How arena PvP works.

• Arena PvP in OrbusVR is currently a 4 person FFA
  • The arena is a large circle with a forrest on the perimeter and a clearing in the middle
  • All characters load up near each other in the middle
  • While in the arena all players are reset to level 1 and can level up to level 4
  • Players start with no gear and have farm gear from monsters in the forrest along the perimeter
  • The winner is the last person alive
  • Unlike wilds PvP there is absolutely no negative consequences for attacking or dying (you do not lose anything except what you gained while in the arena)

How to queue up.

• You can queue by opening the menu list and navigating to the social tab. (nav button with the three people)
  • The bottom option in the social menu is Arena PvP.
  • Just keep clicking through till you get to Join Arena
  • The game will begin once 4 people have joined the queue

Basic strategy.

• Everyone starts off as a brand new character with a sword equipped. Be ready to quickly swap into your main spec.
  • If you want to level first before attacking, look for the area of the forrest with the Red Tails and quickly get to them first so you can secure farming them.
  • Keep your back to the perimeter while farming so that someone from the clearing cannot surprise you in the middle of a fight.
  • Queue up as a group of 3 friends and wait for 1 unsuspecting fool to join on his own and then proceed to jump him while shouting out the name of your fellowship.
  • https://www.twitch.tv/videos/217142909?t=01h46m29s

Next Steps
If Arena PvP sounds fun, feel free to join the Union of Ham discord at www.unionofham.com We have a good group of active Orbus players who like to PvP and we are in the process of putting together a community PvP event.

That escalated quickly

5 Likes

It was all in good fun.

1 Like

Lol @ the 3 vs 1, I guess you have to be creative if you play a warrior.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.