Issue with Login Screen Menu (Resolved)

(Just moving this into its own thread so it doesn’t clutter the main one now that the issue is solved.)

This is all I see. Tried re downloading and reinstalling everything. Also tried as admin. Last patch still no go

Okay, I assume it’s the same problem as arkker, hopefully the new build will help me figure it out.

Alright,

There’s a small video of what is happening if it makes a difference

Just to add, the muskie turret also resets when you change class and then change back as well as when you die

joining “no menus” guys, there is only the 0-named character, wry mirror on the left side and a pink head. by the way, character was too far from me, i had to reset view walking out of my playzone that I could reach my character.

Okay @aRkker Try downloading this and running it https://rebornpatch.orbusvr.com/file/orbusvr/update/Override.zip

Then send me a new output log if it does/doesn’t fix anything. Thanks!

Yup, that worked. Noticed the difference immediately when the “default character” actually moved towards me, instead of just sticking there as it did before

Actually, it seems that somethings amiss still.

I asked AdultHuman and he said there’s supposed to more to this than there is:

I’m lacking all “finalize character” (or what ever) buttons and I only got noses

I sent the log

Edit nro 2: Turns out, there ARE buttons, but they just are invisible. Perhaps this is the same menu-bug now some others such as @Metris_Marshmallow had?

last patch solved “no menus”, but only partically. now I see 6 nose types and two flying text strings in game: “your characters” and “create new character”. text is without menu boxes, I can click on “create…”, but if I do, then my character just becomes default. sent report via launcher.

I was able to see the character creation properly, just the in-game menus are blank.

Also if that helps, the options on the menu aren’t totally gone, i can use the scrollbar on the right to find them but there is like a line of text every few scrolls (between every line there is a lot of blank space).

Aye I got the same thing as this dude. I did get into the game after a bit of guidance from guild mates as to where to press to navigate. No menus were visible, but I could hear the cue for them opening, and when low health: this appears

You can clearly see the menu button mask on the right side of that picture

well, I have not found the invisible button to start the game, but I found some mysterious space, where I could change my skin and hair color. btw, it was a little bit scary, when I clicked something and I got darker :smiley:
also reported via launcher.

Experiencing the same thing. Not really working

Okay thanks for the heads up everyone, I will review those logs and see what else I can do to help solve it.

I tried all the versions of the launcher, but when I log in as my character, The screen makes a ding sound, then turns black. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

If you haven’t already please use the Report Bug feature in the bottom-left part of the Launcher and send me a bug report – it will include your output log from you game so I can see if you’re having the same issue as the one I’m working on or a different one.

The bug report goes to submitting, then freezes

Okay, I have another build with a potential fix for this going now. Should be baked in about 30.

Okay, it might be the file is really large. Try running the game for just like a minute and then close out and send it and see if that works.

Bug report still does not submit