Issue with ranger hits not doing damage

As I think I said further up-thread, I thought I knew the cause of this, but then we put the fix in place but were told it was still happening, but didn’t receive any further info on it. If you can provide some additional info I can take another look at it.

I’m not sure what additional info I can provide. I notice it often while soloing. It seems to happen when an enemy is running towards me because that is what they all do when I pull them solo. If it happens on a poison shot they take no damage from the hit and also don’t get poisoned. If it happens on a charged piercing shot they take no damage and also don’t get the debuff from the charged shot.

2 Likes

What else can we send? Would output log help? I already sent a video before and nothing has changed visually so I don’t feel like recording more will be any help

Now we have to kill red star mobs frequently for the grinder it has made this issue more obvious and more annoying, 1 charged piercing no registering could be the difference between a kill and being killed and they are the only things we can kill for the 5th grinder level and it’s the same in battlegrounds and overworld pvp

1 Like

This only seems to be happening when the target is running towards me. I have noticed this problem a ton over the past few days as I have been doing the grinder solo a lot.

3 Likes

Some more information I found: If I put the end of my bow inside of the hit box of an enemy and fire the arrow it will hit the back side of the hit box while exiting the hit box but since it never entered the hit box it does no damage. It does make the sound and animation of hitting though. This is the same as what happens sometimes when the enemies are running towards me. Maybe somehow the hit isn’t registering when it enters the hit box but it is when it is exiting the back side.

1 Like

This has more to do with the made fix then the ranger problem but I want to say that that change at-least made telepoting Tear Minions while shooting them get hit. Which wasn’t the case before. So just want to say thnx for that :+1:

I’d also like to add to this that the same thing happens with Musketeers, but mostly when I’m trying to heal friendly players. If they’re moving, I notice my renew orb often has absolutely no affect despite visually hitting the target directly.

1 Like

Some more info: these hits that do no damage, when I hit a weak point with them it makes the sound for hitting a weak point but the weak point does not disappear.

This seems to be fixed now. Thank you.

1 Like

Glad its working right now, has it been working properly even on the mobs moving around constantly like the Tear monsters?

I never really noticed an issue with them. If I time my shot wrong they can jump through it while it is in the air, but I think that is how it should work. The problem of not hitting enemies while they are moving seems fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.