Issues with character height

I am having a real issue with my character height in game. I am sailing along at least three feet off the ground while sitting in a chair with the raise height feature of my headset turned to off. If I stand and play I can’t reach the door handle in player house.

Normally I would not care too much but this has become an issue in boss 1 Citadel if I stand to play, being so high produces a space below my character that won’t allow the other players to gather up tightly to light the crystal as it acts like a wall.

How do I fix this?

I have tried the following:

Turned the headset all the way off and turned it back on.
I have reset my boundary.

I have toggled the headset hight switch on and off numerous times.

I have turned the headset height adjust on and went through town while standing in hopes the game would sense that I’m too high and self adjust.

I don’t know what more I can do. Anyone have the same issue?

Start the game while standing, log in, and once loaded in, then sit down. This may help? The game is advertised “Standing” and “Room Scale” so I don’t think seated play is technically supported (although let’s face it, most of us do it anyway :smiley: )

1 Like

Try redoing your guardian, sounds more like an issue in the quest, not orbus.

you can adjust your floor height so it is slightly higher than normal, about knee height should work, and it will shorten your character ign I believe.

1 Like

It may be in Oculus. I have redone the Guardian with no luck.

This is happening to me too I’m pretty sure, it’s happening in all the games though so it’s an oculus issue but I hope they fix it soon because it’s super annoying

if on oculus, try this while in game (going from memory so bear with me):

hit oculus menu button and go into settings, find the button where you can adjust floor level. Not the roomscale boundary or stationary stuff, the button that only lets you adjust floor level.

Once there you can use the joystick to manually raise or lower the floor level. If it is set all the way down, below the actual floor of your house, it will make you seem 8 feet tall.

You can adjust it, pop back into game, go back to floor settings and readjust, pop back into game, etc and fine tune it through trial and error.

I’d say there is definetely “global” oculus issues, but the applications themselves also vary a bit. At least for me.

I am generally a little lower in VR applications than my settings say i should be, and on rare occasion a little higher. In only a few applications, it seems about right (Beat Saber f ex).

Funny note: When i was fiddling around with a VR game idea i had (before giving up on it due to performance limitations), the build i was working with got my height pretty spot on as well as my feet at floor level, just using the provided assets at default.

Anyway, how does this help you? Well, it doesn’t other than saying it could both be an issue on your end and the game at the same time :wink:

Just to give an update on the issue. It is an Oculus issue stemming from the Guardian. When I checked my Guardian I found that It looked fine. The problem persists even if I redrew it.

I was able to clear it by selecting the reset while in draw mode and reestablished the floor by pushing down the grid. I think the grid gets corrupted and looks fine when it is not.

I am back to dragging my but on the ground again. Thank goodness.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.