It is time to address the elephant(s) in the room

Okay so I feel like I am in a minority here because I enjoy crypt and forest but never have anyone to do them with…

Who actually enjoys doing Tradu Forest shards? What about Tradu Crypt? If not why not?

Here is a poll for you to fill in.

I am interested to know why people do or do not enjoy these 2 dungeons. I have 2 whole inventory pages worth of 6+ crypt and forest shards because no one wants to do them.

Do you enjoy Tradu Crypt?

• Yes I enjoy Tradu Crypt
  • No I do not

0 voters

Do you enjoy Tradu Forest?

• Yes I enjoy Forest
  • No I do not

0 voters

Please reply with why you do or do not enjoy these shard dungeons.

1 Like

I see nothing wrong with Tradu Forest?

I get to quick scope the mushrooms and test my burst damage on the tanks.
What’s not to love?

I enjoy having a variety of dungeons to shard in, some being more difficult than others. It allows me to continuously experience everything the game offers rather than just the easier content.

Higher level Crypt no one wants to do because the big worm boss ads hit hard that kill the tank, then everyone wipes a bunch and can’t complete it in 30 mins. Soul keeper dps have to be really good to be on top of killing the ads. This is probably the hardest and most skipped shard IMO.

Forrest is doable but not every tank can tank it or loves to tank Tank Keeper. I only do this shard with a very good tank (that wants to do it).

1 Like

I actually enjoy forest but for sure its not as good as skywalk, lab and maos which are my favourite. Soulkeeper used to be my favourite fight, although on high shard levels it is such a grindfest because of the need to all minions (still enjoy it though). Now worm boss is the most horrible exoerience of all bosses, high damage, high hp, annoying adds (not the ones he spawns at certain hp levels but the things that pop out of the ground).

1 Like

I like them both with a few annoyances mixed in which detract slightly.

• The worm elite adds at higher shard tiers hit a bit too hard.
  • Tank keeper can crit on his random jump and potentially insta-kill squishies at high shards, especially if a shield orb is off by a second.
  • Mushroom spawning RNG can occasionally just spawn several directly under/inside the boss, which sucks.
  • Waiting for Soul Keeper to reappear for long periods of time while insta-gibbing adds gets boring quickly.

Things that I like though:

• Environmental destruction/DPS coordination race mechanic on the tanks
  • Quick draw insta-skill role on mushroom duty is unique
  • Oscillating nature of soul keeper fight, along with adds coming in from 3 directions feels unique
3 Likes

I would enjoy more polls like this on the forums.

5 Likes

In Crypt, the worm boss is fun but it seems to take forever. Love the SoulKeepr fight, super fun.

In Forrest, I enjoy the Mushroom boss. Tank keeper as a mage DPS kinda sucks because you have to not use your normal rotation with frost 2, which affects your artificing bonuses. I suppose you could make 3x rune artificing set between FB2 and Affliction 2, but IDK (shrug).

Worm boss is boring, unreasonably hard, and takes way too long.

1 Like

A bit off topic, but why can’t you use frost 2? I’m always tanking Tank Keeper without the need to use frost 3 or anything else, I prefer to rely on my own skills there, not going to risk it if a mage is going to mess up the frost 3 :smiley: (unless it’s mobile, but that’s a different question)

So if you are using frost3 for the slow, using a frost2 on the boss currently over writes the slower effect from the frost 3. That being said, we have also combined it and timed it with hamstring. Nowadays nuking the tanks is easy, but with a newer group you might not have enough DPS to nuke the tank without him gaining a stack. That also has to do with having a team watching the HP and timing things well. Having the wisdom rings from WB3 help ensure your ultimate is up for each round of tank spank.

Huh, this is interesting, our approach on Tank Keeper doesn’t require any use of Frost 3 unless someone really messes up.

ya you don’t need it really at all. After AoE there is some things you can do to avoid and or mitigate the potential jump damage… :wink:

Stick your finger in the monsters eyes?

i can tell you love this boss a lot.

1 Like

Okay so on the whole:

The good about forest

• I enjoy quick scoping the mushrooms
  • I enjoy testing my burst damage on the tanks

The bad about forest

• Tank keeper can crit on his random jump and potentially instakill squishies.
  • Mushroom spawning RNG can occasionally spawn several under or inside the boss.

The good about Tradu crypt

• Soulkeeper fight is super fun

The bad about Tradu crypt

• Worm boss is unreasonably long
  • Worm boss elites scale too hard
  • Soulkeeper fight can be a bit dull if you are fast enough to kill the adds as you have to wait for the boss to appear.
  • Might make people want to stick fingers in their eyes @Alu :rofl:
3 Likes

Forest overall is fine as far as bosses go, but the Trash monsters locations are in the worst spots ever. Especially near tank keeper. As for Crypt, I think trash and soul keeper are fine, but worm really needs some changes to be able kill him fast enough to even come close to making it on time on a lv 10.

I enjoy crypt and it is doable in making it on time. We have only gotten a t10 crypt once and we actually beat it with 4 seconds remaining but the stupid death animation of SK put us over by 1 second. We had a few mistakes during our run as well. I think that could be beaten by a solid 3-5 min if ran correctly. We’ll soon find out if we can every get a t10 Crypt again.

I think it depends on what the goal in mind is as far as “do you like these fights” goes.
The only boss that I dont like in the list is worm and thats just because he takes sooooooo longggggggg. Hes fun to fight but dang. JUST DIE ALREADY! Lol
The other fights are fun and challenging. Its really cool to be able to take down such challenging fights with friends.
Otherwise sometimes I just dont want to see anymore dang Crypts. It seems like Nova gets only Crypt and Forest above lv 6. Im just saying it would be nice to see one of the cake shards at high lv for once lol.

1 Like

I don’t have enough info for forest but all shards are fun for me