January Stress Test Feedback

Lame. Okay, well, like I said, it was worth a shot. I am just going to have to re-work some parts of the voice chat which will take longer than just a few hours to do sadly…

Thanks for trying though! =D I still love it, can’t wait for more… It’s one of my best VR experiences so far, keep up the awesome work

1 Like

I’ve got to say, I’m having way too much fun with this. And it’s sparking all the right synapses when it comes to putting the future of VR gaming into perspective. Amazing work, loving the activity. Please don’t take it away… Remove the logout button…

4 Likes

Is there any way to remove items from your inventory? mine is completely full.

Sadly, no, we didn’t have time to put that in, haha.

It doesn’t seem to work for me (Oculus Rift). I launch the game and put on the headset and it quickly crashes to home for a few seconds and relaunches. Then it loads again and I can hear everybody and see everything on my monitor, but the HMD is just spinning, saying it’s taking a long time to load.

rip my inventory :smiley:

Yeah, I’m not sure, sorry…we don’t actually officially support Rift yet. Only thing I can say is to make sure you’re on v0.30 and if you are then I’m not sure what else to tell you…maybe someone with more Rift experience can chime in?

Too bad. Whelp, good luck then. I guess I’m out.

i have to go now, its like 11pm in the uk. Was great to play and i cant wait until the next stress test or alpha!
Some things i think could be improved/added:

• The teleport system is a little too slow, i like the idea, but its just too slow at the moment.
  • getting many crashes at the moment, im sure you know about it but its a huge issue right now.
  • in the full game i would like to see a system where when you first create a character and go into the game, it makes you choose a class and thats the class you have for that character.
  • a patcher would be nice (my internet is terrible :smiley:)
  • spells seem to awkward to cast and attack enemies with.
    -allow players to drop items
    This is all i have for now, would add more but im tired and cant really think :smiley:
    Amazing game, this is going to sell like hot cakes when its out! good luck!

I’m finding the v0.3 client is crashing a lot more frequently than v0.2. Still having fun tho :slight_smile:

Probably it’s just that there are more people on talking now…but if you want to throw an output log my way I’ll make sure it’s just the same issue.

“The teleport system is a little too slow, i like the idea, but its just too slow at the moment.”

I didn’t time it but it seems to me like the teleport system is set up such that is is roughly as fast as the trackpad locomotion method, which is precisely how it should be.

It is very hard for me to use the Runemage, it seems that I get only get a usable rune about 1/8th of the time that I draw one. The other classes do work very well for me, though it would be nice if the warrior was a bit less squishy. So far Musketeer is my favorite class.

I love, love, love the trackpad locomotion. But it seems to stop when I get too far from the buildings and I have to teleport - and it doesn’t pick back up until I’m back in town. A bit strange - and given that I got addicted to it going back to teleporting was wickedly annoying :wink: I haven’t figure out the pattern yet but it seems if I walk out of town then teleport, the touchpad won’t go back to moving me about.

I did find out I need to turn on chaperone boundaries again though. Newly painted walls… totally in love with this game. Thank you thank you!

Looking forward to what you guys do with a healing class.

You can get to areas you would normally not be able to.
I found this building with a tree in it.

Inside view

Yes, there’s still a couple of kinks to iron out. But wow I love this game, really good job on it. I look forwards to seeing the next iteration. I’m off to bed (It’s 11 here and I have work in the morning) but good luck with the rest of the Stress test.

Thanks Riley_D
Hopefully this Pastebin link to my output log will work, I’ve not used Pastebin before.

http://pastebin.com/wF8MV3c5

Really loving this so far, just a few things I want to comment.

1. Here are a couple of error logs. http://www.filedropper.com/errorlogs One of them happened as I killed a monster, the other happened seemingly randomly.

2. When I logged back in after the random one my character file was gone and replaced with the training dummy (I think?) I looked similar, had no inventory or character level or anything.

3. PLEASE! We need Dual Wielding lol.

Jon, can you try this client?

https://orbusvrdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/OrbusVRClient-0.30-NOVOICE.zip

It’s the same as the 0.30 client only it doesn’t broadcast or receive voice chat. Just want to confirm that’s the issue before I dive way into it. So let me know if that fixes the crashes or not.