So there’s 3 more weeks gone since my last post about this in which I
- used up all testing resources from the OG (FULL stacks of testing lures, several k throws!!!)
- used countless str, int, luck, fishing potions
- invested long blocks of daily 2 x 2.5h, idling in one zone to wait for conditions
- found Jelmiry a couple times without being able to fish them, at all, or in ridiculously small amounts (like 1-5)
Since there ARE known, better spots and times in the middle of the night (my night = US prime afternoon/evening time), when I can’t play, I am almost sure players in certain timezones are fcked, deliberately. Why do I keep doing that. Well it’s a goal in the game, a vital resource which should be available, for everyone. But nope, seems not. I was never so close to quit Orbus really.
Jelmiry is the main ingredient for endgame 10x potions. But for people in the wrong timezone, with a normal rl, or outside large communities/guilds it is as if those recipes were not in the game. Everyone else I know crafts singles by now.
Oh yea “why not just buy on the market”, well, Jelmiry is not ever on the market anymore (no wonder!) or it’s gone when I wake up since of course majority of trading also happens in US timezone.
So, to go over this in detail, what to do to fish Jelmiry? Same like other rare fish you need to first know the general conditions when it spawns, which are:
I won’t spoiler these in the following, but really, knowing conditions spoils nothing for reasons below.
Second and harder thing to know is basic rotation/regularities regarding locations, to be at the right spots, at the right time. For testing these across the world you will need few stacks of reagents to port through zones, lots of testing lures (feather or rotten finger), int potions and hours of time per day. Once you tested and took notes for a while you should know a few patterns and locations (I know 2 slots, so far).
Should be easier after that, right, you should be able to fish some, on a regular basis. An orbus day takes 5h. So to match Jelmiry conditions you need to reserve 2.5h in a row, that is, 2.5h where you don’t really play, JUST watch out for rain, at the right places. This alone is stupid enough already, sorry. I was picking up the headset up every half hour, day by day. Well, but nope, the point is, even this effort does not help you!
The problems why that is so are:
- it is not always raining during those 2.5h; so in the worst case you sit at your spot, in the right timeslot/night, 2.5h and it was a waste of time because it did not rain
- if you dare to combine your waiting with testing (porting to other zones in between, testing for nibbles there) you might miss the rain or come too late to get anything; this happened many times to me; the slot is exactly 20mins, often enough I used a luck, str and fishing potion for the last minutes after getting a nibble, just to catch nothing
- Now the WORST thing, provided you are at a spot, got a nibble, rain just started, finally perfect conditions, you WILL be fcked over, still, if fishing at a Phoenix spot! Both the spots I found, investing incredible amounts of times, are Phoenix ones. I counted catches, got 10 Phoenix before I got 1 Jelmiry. Others would have given up by now; so much for “testing with real lures”; it does not help here and 90% of places with matching conditions seem to be empty anyway, wrong spot, wrong time, no clue, it is impossible to pop a fishing potion+expensive lure just for testing.
Today I got a nibble, popped luck, fishing, str potions and got nothing, not one catch, only 9 phoenix. With luck potions (most expensive method…) the rate can be around 1:5 in the end, but since the slots is so short what you catch is nothing compared with the mats and potions spent.
I think the whole Jelmiry-requirements are crazy and not thought through, at all. There is so much more mats needed than it is actually worth and, the worst thing, if you seriously go for it, even with known conditions, that is a no-life activity, afais the only one in the game.
All other rare fish can be catched easier by just ‘stumbling’ over them or testing now and then since conditions are less specific. Their slots are much longer, even Kylakin spawned for an hour, so it didn’t matter if you came later. For those who worked out rotations, without the random rain-element these allow to just go there with no need to idle or wait.
IF there’s a random element like that, then at least spawns should be much, much more frequent OR the slots need be longer so testers have a chance to test & fish after that.
So I wished this was changed from the ground up, but the least which really needs to change is that Phoenix should have a different lure already. Its lure screws with other rare fish as well, but with the time-constraints of Jelmiry (and my strong suspicion there’s really only those sh*t spots available during my playtime… i did not ever have nibbles in other zones!) this becomes completely ridiculous.