Knuckles Support When?

Why can’t we have support yet after years? Even an option in-game that says “hey I am using knuckles” versus knuckles detection to rotate line-attack spells would be fine. Not strafing sucks, sure. But at the least can we get the angles of spells like mage ults corrected? I’d love strafing but I’ll take anything right now lol.

• mage ult
  • ice lance
  • arcane ray
3 Likes

I know this is far from ideal and not a solution but a workaround. I play the oculus version of the game through steamvr since I had rift first and I don’t have the issues that other index users have. I can strafe and snap turn with wand in hand. I dont know what the issues are for mage ult, ice Lance and arcane ray so I’m not sure about those. I dont really use those at all. Obviously this workaround has a need for both steam and oculus software running which is more resource intensive so direct support would be preferred by me as well.

Beam, Lance, Ray and general aiming are all at a default angle that is 45 degrees down while playing on Index thru Steam, so you have to hold your hand at an odd, uncomfortable, and highly unintuitive angle to hit stuff…

I have kinda gotten used to it… but I don’t really like it…

Are you just using an “-Oculus” launch command to play thru the Oculus software? If you are you can shut SteamVR off to save resources after you have launched it…

I don’t have any Oculus drivers or software installed… and I have no intention of installing any facebook software on anything I own…so I can’t try it… but I am surprised to hear that strafing and turning with wand in hand is working for you… are you using some kind of beta opt-in or something?

I am sure more people would like this info! lol!

I use libre/revive to play my oculus games on my index/steamvr. GitHub - LibreVR/Revive: Play Oculus-exclusive games on the HTC Vive or Valve Index, scroll down for downloads and installation instructions.

Me moving around as runemage on index with knuckles through libreVR/revive:

1 Like

I never doubted ya buddy, I just didn’t understand.
I appreciate the info, I might try using the Open Source drivers and see if it has the same effect. I really would like to use that thumbstick while my wand is out.
Thanks again!

1 Like

If you find another way, please share.

I surely will, but now that I understand you are playing off the Oculus store with ReVive and not from the Steam store I don’t think I have anything more to offer.
Thanks tho!

45 degrees doesn’t work. I’ve inched from an enemies foot all the way to past it’s head. Furthermore, I have to aim slightly to the right. Unsure if this has to do with slight controller repositioning (which shouldn’t affect it, but idk since its broke). At some distances aiming to the right & above works, then it just completely breaks because I have no idea which part of the hitbox is being hit. Also it slows down all of your spells to reposition so awkwardly that you may as well not cast those spells to begin with.

I do have revive but I play on steam. I don’t also really want the overheard of that though.

Adding an in game option opting to say “i’m using knuckles” versus adding detection then becomes a modification of the direction those 3 spells attack. As for strafing, I’m unsure the implementation so it might be slightly more complicated. Normally it sounds simple but I’m unsure what they would be doing to cause players to spin infinitely when pulling out a wand. Statefulness in movement? lol

1 Like

Yeah for sure I like your idea better…
The code for both must exist, it’d be awesome if the devs implemented something like that…
I used to play on Oculus devices and I far prefer the way my aiming worked there… now I sorta hold the controller down and “point” at stuff with my wrist… I am used to it enough now so that I can do it, but I definitely prefer the way it works on Oculus.
I have just pre-ordered an HTC Focus 3… I am hoping that handles the aiming closer to the way Oculus did… once I have had it long enough to comment I will post about it.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.