Sorry to open this can of worms again Riley, but this is reaching stupid levels of weirdness for me.
Anyway, just to test the hypothesis of being CPU capped, i overclocked from 3.3 to 4. I could go higher, but i normally don’t use overclocking and i don’t want to test fate too much. CPU-Z tells me that when im running my old I-5 2500K quad core at this speed, i run at almost the equivalent efficiency of an I-5 7600K 3.8 processor.
At the same time you released a new patch as well (well, yesterday, but i didn’t have a chance to test it until today).
Now, my resource monitor tells me im generally pretty far from being CPU capped. Regardless though, i’ve been getting massive freezeups both on default connection as well as on websocket. While on default connection i can also see Oculus reports my HMD has poor tracking, while on websocket it does not. Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me, but now the information is typed down regardless.
The freezeups seem to almost with 100% precision to occur when (i expect) there is specific client-server communication. This meaning especially on mob death (loot rolling i am guessing), and other general more-than-usual client-server network activity. It feels almost as if the client freezes are happening due to waiting for server information, but ofcourse that is only my guess.
The new thing however, is that during my play - which turned into testing rather than play sadly, the client actually crashed twice rather than freezing up completely and having to exit it. This in turn produced 2 crash reports.
The first report contains an access violation from the vrclient.exe. The second one contains an access violation from d3d11.dll. Immediately upon seeing that i thought graphics drivers, but i recently updated those (always clean installs) and are running nvidias geforce drivers at version 397.31 (just checked that most recent one is 397.93).
Just to be on the safe side i did a dxdiag (64bit) as well, which doesn’t show any issues apart from the oculus119B.sys rift headset audio driver not being digitally signed which isn’t something i can do anything about.
I have uploaded both crash reports as well as the dxdiag.txt for you here:
I wish there was more i could do/test on my end. But for now it seems that all i can do is try to update to the latest nvidia drivers jumping a few weeks “forward in time”. I doubt this will make any difference, but that is all i can do it seems.