Lend of Hand QoL

I would love to have a quality of life adjustment to Lend of Hand. For some situations like particular boss fights. It would be great to have the option to toggle spell movement with he off Hand.

A trigger press plus grip press would work nicely. This would be of great help for adds when you would be moving around twisting your body pointing with your wand tip is much smoother and fluid. But you need to focus and keep spells steady when switch back to the boss in safe moments when you know you can plant and cast away.

3 Likes

Been testing it out. After a while I got use to it. I havenā€™t fought any weirdly placed mobs however, only ones on the ground. My trick thus far is to either keep my non-wand hand by my hips and point it to the enemy. The other thing I do is hold it up towards the enemy, the farther the enemy is the better since then the spell has more time to correct itself and the offset of wand-hand vs non-wand hand becomes more negligible.

Also helps to not ā€˜faceā€™ the enemy. Atm I tilt my body a little so as to make the non-wand hand closer and more ā€˜straightā€™ with the enemy.

Here is a vid of my trying to see how many spells I could blast at Marcos while maintaining them straight to hit.

Itā€™s also nice to relax with your off hand down to your side when doing random things with friends. I like the functionality when you have moments to focus on a boss. But for other moments it would be nice to use the wand for spell movement.

The same thought occurred to me today. If lend-a-hand could be quick-toggled (and the spell came from your hand or they somehow fixed the aiming issue), this talent actually has the chance to not be garbage. Certain bosses move alot, and that is where lend a hand has the chance to shine, but most of the time you donā€™t want to use lend a hand, nor specifically you are readying yourself to teleport to safety. A toggle feature fixes this.

Certain bosses, scenarios, and PvP considered, a quick-toggle feature for lend a hand like the grip or trigger looks very appealing. It would be an actual skill with value, imo.

One reason I think it also looks shiny is because static charge range/ā€œcast timeā€ is horrible. While shooting lasers out of a finger is fun, Iā€™d prefer like an aoe lightning ball that explodes similar to arcane blast, or upon hitting a target chains to nearby targets. Atleast something that is usable. Still, a quick-toggle lend-a-hand would actually be competitive to this, especially for the PvP component or any sort of the target is moving-around-a lot fight.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.