Level 20 mission token requirment

@Jake_E @Game_Master @Outlander_Robert

What is this? Why was the repeat missions capped? And why was there no announcement of this being a change. I was helping someone level up and I told them to grab their mission tokens and they told me they couldn’t. I had them share their screen and this message popped up. Praying this was a bug I checked on a sub level 20 account and I got the same message. This seems like a pretty hostile design for newer players, considering pretty much all orbus content is locked behind level 30 you’d think letting people get to level 30 quickly.

6 Likes

Ngl now it is harder to level to 30. I mean going to level 30 is extremely easy but now I guess it takes some more time.

It is weird how they did not announce it tho

1 Like

I vaguely remember a conversation in the discord server - I believe @Jake_E said that it was always only supposed to be available after level 20, but because of some coding error you could use it before that, and if you used it, it would also spend your credits weirdly? Idk, one of the devs should elaborate on this further.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if there’s enough missions available to easily reach level 20 to access the tokens quickly…

But, maybe, instead of reverting the token change, I would like to see new missions for the vendors. There’s the new raccoons that don’t have a critter capture mission yet, for example. Maybe a mission that requires you to catch one of every large critter. I’d also like to see more potion making quests for Salvaging. Tinkering doesn’t have any quests at all. Treasure map missions. There’s lots of stuff for new missions.

On that topic, I’d love to see missions/quests for the Forsaken Isle. That won’t help with leveling up, but it’s kinda empty out there. Maybe a mission vendor that’ll give you a map of the island as a reputation reward?

6 Likes

I found out later from the person on the Discord that was having trouble with tokens that they were actually just deleting the missions thinking they were “accepting” them :sweat_smile:. I even asked if they were deleting them by mistake during that fiasco but ah, well.

Still had no idea tokens weren’t meant to be accessed until level 20 ‘til after that confusion, though. While I personally feel there’s enough missions and xp opportunities to get at least one class to level 20 easily, I know some new players dump those xp points into multiple classes as they try to learn what they like which can make things more difficult for them.

1 Like

I didn’t know you could get the mission tokens before level 20 in general. I got Greymalkin up to 30 within 2 days and had a second 30 a day or so later. MSQ and seasonal quests give good xp. (I’ll grant you since it’s an alt, I didn’t have a typical Greenleaf experience on Greymalkin)

1 Like

@Jake_E remove missions

1 Like

Since the launch of Reborn, there has been a level 20 requirement that allows you to repeat any missions you’ve already completed.
All missions that you are high enough level for and have not been completed yet for the first time, are already available to you for free to accept (No credits required).

All that green plus button does is randomly gives you a mission that is appropriate to your level that you have already completed. That means if you didn’t already do that mission and you were under level 20, it would just spend a credit and assign you a mission that was already available to you for free anyway. In that case, if you already completed all missions available to you at that level and you hit that green plus button, it would just take your credit and do nothing.
There is no need to waste credits here. The most recent change just prevents players from wasting their credits.

1 Like

well, it wasn’t wasting credits when you could use it under level 20 tho. You used to get missions that you had already completed as repeats, like it works when you are above level 20. And if you had already completed all the missions or the was stocked up on all the available missions it would just not use any of the credit.
It used to work the exact same below 20 as it does above 20 currently, no wasting credit.

2 Likes

I think this is another misunderstanding on my part. I had some reports of new players losing credits from this. Either way it’ll be changed back and I’ll keep an eye out for that issue that brought this whole thing up in the first place since I can’t really test that now.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure what happens is if you have level missions that are not yet claimed the credits use those missions, but if you have no missions to claim the credits will give you repeats of missions that you’ve already completed which is helpful when leveling.

One of the players you may be thinking of told me later on that they were accidentally deleting the missions thinking that the credits added them to the list of acceptable missions. I even asked if that’s what was happening but I suppose my questions are overwhelming/confusing to someone new. Next time someones credits go “missing” there’s a pretty high chance it’s user-error rather than game being broken.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.