Looking for help with wound combo (Warrior)

Hey guys,

I’m just trying to learn why my wound combo doesn’t seem to go off about 50% of the time I attack. Here is a very short sample clip I just took:

I feel like I’m swinging in the correct direction and am standing at the right distance. Just looking for some pointers about why the combo is not going off and what I can do to improve my chances of success.

Thanks so much!

your hitting your shield try move it out of the way more it should help

My advice is to make sure you follow through on your first swing left a bit more. Try to think of and make the same motion… from what I can see you sometimes rush your upswing after your first swing and your sword doesn’t drop enough, instead doing _/ instead of |

Edit: also hitting the shield as Sparky mentioned. But also missing up swings.

Back up more, if you fight too close your hits wont register correctly, especially for short creatures such as foxes, spiders, and worms. The sword charge almost always places you too close to the target for proper fighting. Either back up a bit after charging or use the charge after combat has already started.

1. Always make sure you are in the best spot to trigger your swings, this means you may need to reposition several times.
  2. Make sure your shield is out of the way
  3. Make sure you can see your swings being distinguished,
  4. Each swing type will show a visual slash and a sound that you can tell it went through or not properly.

You are swinging fast but its super clear the speed of your left right right left swings are not being counted as left and right unique swings. In the first case your upper swings were being counted as left swings. Probably due to positioning and speed. For the second enemy, it was that and shield may have interfered.

1 Like

The right swing is a little short, try making it wider.

If you are too close the game can’t tell the difference between left and right and with just give you all lefts. If you slowly back up you’ll find a sweet spot where it will start doing all 3 hits.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.