Mages need nerfing in battlegrounds

Right, it requires work and planning. That’s the point, isn’t it? Giving us a PvP battleground without balancing the classes just screams “half-assing it”. And how about another scenario - a capture the flag type of game? Or at least more locations than ONE?

The pvp in the game might appear “half-assed” because it is. While I have seen a recent push from a vocal minority within the game to see pvp be taken more seriously its still preaty widely accepted as not the main focus of the game. Its not as easy as just making pvp better because working on making new maps and fine tuning class balance means not working on something more people might be affected by.

That being said just because dungeons and raids are currently the dominant form of content in the game doesn’t mean they have to be. I’m sure if the devs overhauled pvp it would probably be something more people cared about and participated in. I for one would love to see a pvp balance update but It mostly just comes down to if enough of the community asks for it.

They did kind of balance things in pvp, then they made a major (and needed) balancing for the classes for pve and broke pvp again

Agreed. But it is sort of what came first chicken or egg. If pvp was better, more people would play it and have an opinion but i assume more people do not play it (or just do it occassionally) because it does seem like it is just a mini game and nothing more. I love pvp, just not in orbus. I play other games for pvp. I play pvp in orbus because friends want to do it and not necessarily because I enjoy orbus’ pvp. I haven’t ever really made it a priority for myself in orbus because of your point that it seems “half-assed”.

PVP in PreBorn was entire zones called frontiers where cool transmogs and rare materials were found. It made PVP more meaningful in my opinion. Not saying orbus should go back to puting rare materials behind a pvp door, but there are other ways to make pvp more than just a mini game in reborn.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.