Market Stalls Returning

Yeah, I really think it should be changed to the old system again, just automated in-game.

2 Likes

Staggered is good, though. Just not this 72-hours-but-really-only-the-last-minute-matters crap

Well, old system was all at once, but I guess a combination of both would be good.
Keeping the current 74h auctions for each stall, but only allowing you to bid once on it and no one can see the highest bid or other people’s bids.

3 Likes

Very good idea! Then there’s no longer a need to get up middle of the night or such and everyone got a fair chance to place whatever a stall is worth for him without fearing to be outbidded anyway last minute.

I don’t understand the “bid only once” logic of it but the about the other parts I agree.

Having it any other way means that the last bidder wins no matter what, so it’s a time constraint. Closed bids prevents that

No, not if you can’t see others bids or the highest bid, then whoever bids highest wins regardless of when the bid was placed. Not really sure why I said only bid once tbh :man_shrugging:

It was like this in the old system. If you can bid endlessly you can be tempted to find out what others already were bidding to overbid them, discuss with em etc. … you can do that either way but it’s harder if once a bid is placed it’s gone for good and you turn to other things. This could save the “usual suspects” some trouble I guess.

But this is really just a minor detail, I’d love to get a system like @Åsmund_T suggested to replace the current one for now, which is awful.

From the devs perspective they want a person to bid as much as possible because they want to remove dram from the economy. That is why I think the system is now how it is. It pushes ppl the max at for daring eachother to up the prices.

(so ya dev perspective. Not player perspective before you argue about the problem of not being able to bid the last second if you not online or anything else player specific. Not my point)

I agree that might be the purpose (though a poor way because if players are only a little smart than they won’t bid higher than it is profitable for them… overall a stall is supposed to higher your income a great deal) but the outcome is often the opposite…
The system as it is allows to increment by only 1 which leads to real low prizes, eventually, if there’s noone trying to kick others out by high prizes… and this is exactly what happened at the first stall, it went for a fairly low prize, people only competing by 1 dram higher.
Even with 20x back and forth it might only go up 20 Dram.

So an anonymous method like suggested triggers people to bid even higher than they would if they also see the current bids.

We don’t know what happened with the first stall in the end. I thiink a lot of ppl waited for the last minute. :man_shrugging: Maybe someone bid 5 mill in the last second :stuck_out_tongue:

True and in this case he deserves to have the first one… likely he was so overwhelmed by joy that he did not get to put items in yet :smile: (or ragequit right away… )

Hopefully stalls will be worth it.

Not sure if I missed this in the comments but I put a large bid on stall 4, and when I logged, there was 2 hours left and I still had it. Its possible I lost, but I have yet to have my dram returned, and when I try and interact with the stall its the same as the other dead stalls.

If I did not win it, how to I reclaim my dram? the normal way of removing and putting an item into my AH chest hasn’t done it.

If I did win, is there a notification somewhere, and how do I interact with it, because clearly I am an idiot.

thanks for the help

Whats your in game name?

Orednod Gleeman

So it doesn’t look like you won the auction for Market Stall 4, but we checked and your dram is in your auction chest. Just to be sure, you’re checking the chest that you use to post the items to the auction house and not the one that items are delivered to, right?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.