More locomotion settings

I have come across many people who have gotten controller drift, including myself. Currently there are no locomotion settings to have locomotion set to a single controller, and have the other controller do nothing.
This is something I believe this game needs, being a game that is played on quest, which is notorious for getting controller drift. Currently my controller drift is in my left controller, and I am unable to have sliding locomotion turned on without constantly drifting and sliding around, and teleport locomotion just ruins the immersion for alot of people, myself included.
I would love to be able to turn on locomotion settings for just my right controller, to save me from having to buy an expensive new left controller. If we were able to set locomotion to only one controller, this would solve the majority of controller drifting issues, as people usually only have a single controller that is drifting.

wouldn’t really be much of a solution to controller drift, but rather a slight workaround for some people. I think more options could be good for the locomotion, but I don’t see it being that big a deal.

An actual solution to controller drift would be to add a joystick deadzone slider, this is already a thing in steamVR, but not for oculus quest for some reason. Increasing the deadzone for the joystick would mean it wouldn’t register the input until the joystick reaches a certain value away from the center, basically eliminating any minor drift issues.

I can see a setting of using one controller for movement while the other does nothing could be temporary solution to keep playing the game while you get a replacement for the drifting controller. Seems a good idea to me especially for the Quest or Quest2.

Well obviously it would be a workaround, not like this is going to fix peoples controllers lol. And adding a deadzone slider would help, however if the drifting is severe like mine is (my drift varies from very slowly sliding backwards, to a full speed backwards sprint, at the slightest touch of the joystick) I highly doubt a slider would allow me to hone in exactly where the deadzone needs to be, as the sensor recognition seems to be all over the place due to worn out sensors in the joystick.
A slider is a good idea for more minor drifting issues though.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.