Musketeer Speedy Talent - Manual Trigger

We should be able to destroy our turret with a charged normal shot to destroy it, triggering speedy.

He originally intended it as a buff to musketeer in PvP, making up for musketeer’s extreme lack of mobility by sacrificing healing for speed, but I believe this would also work well in PvE.

The ability to sacrifice some of the healing from Improved Lifewell to speed up lower level dungeons or get to the boss room after a wipe faster would be extremely beneficial, and would be able to give musketeer a little more utility at the price of some healing.

Furthermore, the cooldown after destroying your turret would ensure that the old method of triggering speedy would still be useful, as the turret cooldown wouldn’t be applied.

Not sure if this would make musketeer too powerful, but I think it has its own checks and balances inbuilt and it would be an interesting addition to both PvP and PvE.

Credit to Infiniterune for the idea.

6 Likes

yep I agree with all of this.

as one of the best pvp muskets in the game one of the most painful things about the class is the complete lack of mobility. It just sucks as a support class having no ability to catch up to allies or getting away from bad fights. there’s basically 3 use cases for this:

1. offensively: you see someone in danger and you want to run in fast to save the day
  2. supportively: give your team a little burst of speed to let your team get out of spawn or get to the next fight a little faster
  3. defensively: you see the enemy team rolling up or a mage telecasting in and you recognize that’s just not a fight you can win so you get the heck out of there

This would have so much depth though because sacrificing your turret means giving up a pretty huge part of your healing output and having to directly target players with heals because you don’t have a turret to bounce them off of.

like I just have this scenario in my head of just like:
(dps, red hp, all the way on the other side of the map): “ohh my god I’m gonna die Rune-Senpai-Onichan-Desu, save meeeeee :pleading_face:
Internal Monologue: adjusts glasses “hmmm too far away, don’t trust myself to snipe a cure wounds, definitely wont reach them in time just walking there, only one option”
throw turret
BANG
Absolutely fucking zoom across the battlefield avoiding enemy fire
idk body block the enemy and shoot the ally with a cure wounds or something
walk away as the greatest gamer to ever live
I feel like this is a reasonable thing to ask for :thinking:

in all seriousness an important note about speedy is that I don’t believe it works on people in combat and I’m 100% okay with keeping it that way. it would make it something that is pretty powerful if used creatively but also super counterable and not something you can just use to just avoid combat or leave a losing fight like paladin teleport. you would have to plan ahead and assess the state of the game around you to preemptively use it.

-----Long Rambling Rant-----
I just feel like muskets lack agency at the moment. like you win when the rest of your team is better than the other team and you lose when they aren’t and at your very best you can sorta mostly pull your weight and maybe have a marginal impact on the outcome of the game past that. I feel like I have to use super cheesy strats like abusing cover and sticking people in combat and kiting aberrations just to keep up with everyone. I feel like this would add so much skill expression. Like I maybe actually could impact the outcome of the game if I played really well. Like maybe my class could be something more than just a scuffed support paladin without any mobility. like musket just feels so much worse on the new map too. like the new map is great but it indirectly nerfed the heck out of musket cause you cant stall out matches anymore. like the class really does need a buff anyways. Anyways, I feel like I’ve gotten a little into the weeds here but I don’t feel like deleting it so :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Im sorry but “I don’t want the game to be updated or improved because every time they update the game it get more buggy” is just not a valid argument against anything. you could make that argument about literally anything that could be added or changed in the game. I know glitches and bugs suck but the devs are not going to just stop making stuff.

I think we should all hope to see this game improve and criticism like this is just not remotely constructive or useful

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.