New Beta Available for Testing

Okay so basically there is no easy solution for this yet, other than using the built-in Oculus “Release Channel” system. If you PM me your Oculus store account email, I will manually add you to a “Beta” channel on the Oculus Store, where you will get the new Beta. So please do so and I will start adding people to that hopefully later today/tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Gotta admit Riley, this is the kind of shenanigans that I would go as far as saying #DeveloperoftheYear

4 Likes

Finding the new warrior detection system a lot more hassle than the previous one and yet at the same time better in places its rather weird.

So more hassle: this is mostly when fighting what ill class as medium/normal sized enemies like char dragons and humans. Charging in seems to occassionally put me in a terrible fighting position meaning an awkward shuffle about to get going. Uppercuts only seem to register if they are slow, or a certain distance away making combos worse on these. Occassionally a hit is just undetected or still detected as the wrong direction. This has made some fights practically unwinable or feel awful in finding a fighting rhythm.

Better: small enemies like foxes/corrupted boars and larger enemies like tradu sentry the new detection is a boat load better. Swings register properly and I dont have to squat or swing up making it more fluid and natural. Certainly like the changes here.

I haven’t had much time to fool around with it today, but so far it’s a vast improvement for me. Big BUT here, I just upgraded to a ssd so I’m not yet sure what improvements are from where. I could only run on low before but tested it on medium no issues. Will see if I can go higher later tonight!

Hey Riley.

The bell tower is missing in Highsteppe. The bell is just floating there.

I’ll try to get a pic tomorrow.

Took this screenshot yesterday.

1 Like

Okay great thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

There are some issues all around the game with Beta branch not loading some objects, last night one of the party member had to relog because he could not see Mist Keeper, also I could not see one of the orbs there without relog. Also another case was at Potion keeper, when someone got disconnected and relogged, I couldn’t see him.

Also wanted to ask if it would be possible to have a beta branch without the new hit detection? I personally prefer the old one :slight_smile: Especially when trying to hamstring the running tank keeper, but the uppercuts are not registered correctly. I guess it’s partly because I’m not used to the new hitbox registration, but I was cutting straight up, and it still detected as a side swing, probably because the boss was moving?

Okay, I mean if you can send me logs when any of that is occurring that would be very helpful. I don’t know why the Beta branch would be doing that since that’s not the kind of thing we changed, but I won’t know until I can see the logs.

Basically it makes sense some static objects (like the bell tower or the temple) might go missing since that’s what it does, but dynamic objects that spawn in like enemies should work exactly the same as before…

The new hit detection on the Warrior is the direction we are going with it overall. It’s on Beta right now so we can work through any issues before we make it the primary method, but the old method is not going to be available long-term.

I have heard a few other people talking about uppercuts not registering properly so I will be working on that for sure. Just to be sure, the hit was still registering on the boss as it ran away, it just wasn’t registering correctly as an uppercut, right?

After learning the hitboxes I have no issues missing up swings on mobs. The current beta detection is really nice for me anyway

Hits are actually not registering all the time, I can feel the controller vibrating as a feedback, but no actual hit is happening. As of the log files, want me to send it now, or after I notice that something is not loading, such as boss/turret/orb?

The sooner after it happens that you can send the log file the better…

And okay, if the controller is vibrating but no hit is registering that gives me some things to think about, and that would make sense if the monster is running away.

Ah yeah I did notice the vibrate/no damage, vfx. It doesn’t matter if it’s moving or not

Well how often is that happening?

Every fight every 10 or so swings

For me it mostly happened against moving enemies (didn’t notice this happening against stationary ones)

There’s a new build going out on the Beta branch in about 15 minutes that brings it up to date with the main branch in terms of new dyes, etc. In addition:

• Fixed an issue where part of the bell tower was missing in Highsteppe
  • Fixed an issue with Warrior gear not appearing
  • Fixed an issue with dyes missing icons

Thanks!

1 Like

Do I need to download the beta again? Because I still have some invisible dyes.

It should have done it automatically, but try restarting steam if it hasn’t?

As I run the beta, to make sure my game updates properly I have to opt out of the beta let a download occur, opt back into it for the fresh beta download as well.