New Beta Available for Testing

Yup, Oculus client is running. I can load into the normal version of the game fine.

1 Like

Okay I guess it’s not going to work like I thought. I am taking the download down for now and I will work on a fix. Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

Okay give this one a shot for Oculus and tell me if it works any better: (Link removed, didn’t work.)

no matter how many times i go in and allow unknown sources, it just tells me to go allow unknown sources.

Got it to open, just shows lvl zero characters and never loads my character

Same, this one doesn’t crash like the first one, though just sits at character select screen with a level 0 and just shows “Loading” where my character name should be.

1 Like

Thank you for the patch and for the new hit detection system, tho I feel like the uppercuts are harder to execute right now, I’m making a straight vertical cut and sometime still registers as a slash. Also if the warrior is too close to the boss, the shield bash might not trigger :slight_smile:

It doesn’t load my character or allow me to create a new one. I tried loading up the regular version from Oculus first and then the beta, but it still wouldn’t load it

Okay, yeah sorry I guess what I wanted to do isn’t possible. So the Oculus version isn’t working yet. I have a phone call with the Oculus folks tomorrow to hopefully help.

1 Like

how stable is the beta? I’m brand new to orbus, should I play on 4.6 or the beta?

Would it be possible to have a separate download for just the OrbusVR Beta version on the steam store, but validate that the user actually purchased the game from the oculus store by seeing if there’s a character created on their orbus account? Having a character created in Orbus is only possible if you own the game, that’s how it could validate it. That way Rift users can just use the steam store to try the beta version

It should be reasonably stable, but that said if you start crashing regularly you can always switch back to the main branch. If you get crashes find your output_log.txt from steam\steamapps\common\OrbusVR\vrclient_Data\ and send it to Riley (via PM or [email protected])

2 Likes

I like the new detection changes with 1 small issue:
The way it works feels very similar to before, the only change is everything is moved slightly inward so you have to be slightly more accurate, but you hit other mobs on accident less (triggering extra swings you don’t want). This is great.

The issue I found is once an enemy dies you can get at least 2 more hits on it before it disappears which is pretty annoying.

Wait a minute…you have to be even more accurate now??
I thought that searching that little spot where the combo is triggered is the annoying part of the warrior! (at least for me)
You say that spot is even smaller now? :astonished:

It depends on the size of the enemy. For bosses it’s a smaller area than before (that’s the whole point) but for regular/small sized creatures it’s the same size as before.

I think once you get used to it you’ll find it actually makes it easier to be effective since it’s much more consistent between enemy types.

1 Like

I will fix that, thanks for the feedback!

Couldn’t test it yet because…oculus :smiley:

Any update on that btw?

I have a realy slow Computer and this is EPIC, i had every 10 min 1 freeze but with the -beta it,s gone also the laoding is reduced :3 Great Job on this Devs :star_struck:

2 Likes

Hmm it seems smaller on the mobs I’ve killed (granted it’s mostly been lowbie cave-dungeonish enemies). I’ve also noticed occasionally one of my swings will just not register. The controller will vibrate but nothing will happen. I assumed it might be my connection as it’s been happening all day. Could be an issue, maybe not, just thought i’d mention it.

1 Like

Maybe I don’t notice but I think my controller never vibrates when hitting a mob :thinking:
For me it is a regular problem that one hit is not registered, mainly on taller mobs or when not standing on even ground…