New Beta Available for Testing

Would you send me your output log and I’ll take a look? Thanks!

ETA on the Oculus Store beta?

Tomorrow there will be a standalone download that you can run. It won’t auto-update through the store unfortunately but it will work.

Awesome thanks for the quick reply! :grin:

Hi. I have been playing the BETA for a few days now. I’ve been all over the maps. Crashes tend to be as frequent for me. Logouts less so. But what I and others have noticed is that in the beta the pyramid in the Rainforest doesn’t exist. It’s just an empty valley. The areas around Guild City & Midlands have random flames emanating from the ground & other structures. The player house in Guild City is completely ablaze. When fishing the line from the tip of the rod to the water disappears, yet you can still reel in a fish.

MSI GS43VR 6RE Phantom Pro Gaming Laptop.
https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GS43VR-6RE-Phantom-Pro.html

livetovive

There will be a new Beta build available today when the new patch goes live which has all the new content (such as gear dyes), as well as some beta-specific stuff:

• Fixed an issue which was causing random fire to appear on things in the world.
  • The Rainforest pyramid should be back.
  • There is a new Warrior hit detection system active in the Beta build.

New Warrior Hit Detection System

We’ve re-worked the Warrior hit detection system based on feedback from the last attempt. Essentially, there is still a hidden “hit tracker” for each enemy, but now its size is divorced from the size of the creature, so even on very large mobs such as bosses you don’t have to swing massively large swings to enter/exit the collider. It also works well inside large colliders as well.

The practical result of this is that it should basically feel about the same fighting a giant boss as it does fighting a regular sized mob, combo detection should work much better, and you no longer have to swing nearly as hard or as fast to get a hit to register, although you do still get a bonus for making large swings (so “waggling to win” is still not a good option).

I’m interested to hear feedback on this but it seems like a much more reliable system based on our own internal testing.

Thanks!

5 Likes

Is this for oculus store too today? (:pray:)

Yes there will be a download for Oculus Store users today too.

1 Like

The patch is now available to download on Steam. To switch to it, just right-click on the “OrbusVR” item in your Steam Library, go to “Properties…” then choose the “Betas” tab and choose the “beta” option from the drop-down.

For Oculus Store users, download this zip file: (Working on a fix)

…and extract it (e.g. as a folder on your Desktop), then just double-click the vrclient.exe file to run it. Note that this file will not auto-update so you’ll have to re-download it for future beta updates. Also note that you have to have installed OrbusVR on your Oculus Store account at least once for this to work, otherwise it won’t be able to authenticate you.

So this is to be done additionaly to the automatic 4.6 update, right?

No this is a totally separate thing. So basically just download this and run it, it’s already up to date.

…and if the oculus store already updated to 4.6?

That’s fine, just download teh ZIP file and run it.

1 Like

Thanks, perfect!

Very curious! Couldn’t get a combo on venom spiders no matter what I tried…curious to see if that changed!

mmh…with that exe orbus starts I see a login screen with a character lvl 0 and half a second later i´b back on oculus home…

Can you send me the output log from the vrclient_Data folder in that folder? [email protected]

I just send you the file

I downloaded, unzipped and ran the .exe, though when I try to run the .exe the orbus logo pops up then I get an error saying “application failed entitlement check”. Any Ideas?

Just tried loading up with my headset on from the oculus dash. This is the same error Ozymandias is getting i believe, i see a blank level 0 character then it closes.

Okay yeah, do you have the Oculus client running in the background?

It worked for me but maybe this won’t work like I thought.