New Blog Post: On Questing

There’s a new Dev Blog where we go into some thoughts on questing in general and how it’s going to work in OrbusVR. Read on if you’re interested!

2 Likes

Looking forward to it! Reminds me of some of the quests from RuneScape and the task system they have shares similarities to the feats, which I think it’s awesome that they are being incorporated to some extent since they were one of the most enjoyed characteristics of the game. Can’t wait to be in the next stress test!

1 Like

A full hour of main quest per level? That’s pretty exciting! I can’t wait to see where you guys go with it.

One question regarding the main quest: will it be the same for everyone, or do you plan on having branching options? I know if the lore section you mention having three primary factions in the orbus world, and I would be curious to know if they are all player-joinable, and if so I would imagine that choice plays a role in the main story?

On an unrelated note, I would just like to bring up the rec-room dungeon-crawling RPG, and say that it has me REALLY excited to see what a fully formed multiplayer VR dungeon experience will be like. While playing it I just found myself constantly thinking “I can’t wait to see how fun this is with the depth of an MMORPG”.

These are exciting times we live in xD

1 Like

Nice, I can’t wait to see what you’ve done for the next test. Also, have you thought of making the side story quests affect the main story quests? Like you do a side story quest and the character that the quest was about gets a sword or learns a secret about another character that changes the events of the next story quest. On a different note, will some quests be replayable? Because if you focus on your ranger class, doing all the quests as the ranger, but find a cool sword that makes you want to play warrior, will you just have to grind out all those levels?

1 Like

Lvling is a great part of any mmo imho.

I like your quest vision.

1 Like

I’m honestly not sure how advanced we’ll get with that yet. I can say that the plan right now is for the Main Story Quests to be pretty static…we want to give lots of opportunity to shape the world outside of those quests but those quests are really more about telling a story. In an ideal world, we would have branching options and multiple perspectives to play through depending on whose side you took and all that, but I just don’t see it happening on this first release. Maybe as the game advances in the future we can do something like that.

1 Like

Reminds me of RuneScape quests as well. which is EXCELLENT. Because they have the best MMO quests period.

1 Like