New Blog: Reborn Spotlight on Endgame Content and Post-Launch Content Patches

(I am heading out right now to run some errands but I will check back in later if there are more questions and do my best to answer them. Thanks!)

1 Like

But doing a combination of shard gear and raid gear for max gear can do no harm, right? Something like giving raid gear higher main stats and shard gear higher secondary stats?

I also think it is more nuanced then ā€œwelp max gear, see ya!ā€ I know enough ppl that do raids only initially just for the gear but because they get comfy in it they continue playing for the fun. But going to do something new like shards needs a push, a motivation just like initially the raid. And then you get comfy in the shards too and keep playing it. And yeah I am not talking about all ppl of-course. I am one of those ppl that just continue playing for the challenge, the leaderboards, transmogs and the fun.

One more thing worth noting. When you done a few raid in current game, you used to it. But shards have so many lvls and mutations and small differences and more total bosses, that a raid will probably never be harder then a shard in the long run. :man_shrugging:

Hope you consider giving shards and raids a more equal item power motivation a change.

1 Like

with a total of 11 Minor, 12 Major, and 2 Brutal mutations

Any chance youā€™ll tell us all the mutations and their effects?

Super excited for a new crafting discipline. Glad thereā€™s good stuff coming in Rebornā€™s future as well!

Can you make it so that running a standard dungeon at max level always gives you a shard, whether you have them in your inventory or not? The system of running back and forth to the bank only causes annoyance, rather than limiting shard generation or anything.

2 Likes

Juicy spotlight but scalingā€¦ :nauseated_face:

Iā€™m actually wondering about the long term plans on how new dungeons and raids will work for rewards. Will the second raid that comes out after ruins of guild city have significantly higher rewards? Or will they be more or less the same other than cosmetic changes to new armor sets? This is a problem with most MMOs when new content is released(leaving older dungeons and raids collecting dust). Same question for when we get new dungeons added. Will they replace the first set of dungeons or will the rewards be on par to the current rewards?

I will give some thought on if there are ways to further increase the synergy that make sense to accomplish those goals.

Iā€™m kind of leaning toward having it be a discovery thing for the community right now.

I mostly did that because I didnā€™t want to overload peopleā€™s inventory

Nothing discussed in this post (Shard Dungeons and Raids) is matched content, just to be clear.

I mean this is an interesting problem as a game designer. On the one hand, horizontal progression where we put in 2 new dungeons and a new raid and the power level of the rewards are the same but the challenges are different is great in theory. But in practice most people are highly motivated by increasing the power level of their character, and as such they want the power level to increase with each new tier.

I am going to try my best to avoid rampant inflation, and to keep e.g. lower level Shards relevant even in Tier 2, but some power increase is probably inevitable.

I personally like seeing power increases during each new tier of content. Finding a solution to keep older content somewhat relevant would help though. Perhaps once a new tier is released, maybe increase the old tiers drop rate of items? Cosmetic and armor? Or you could add in weekly quests that involve killing bosse(s) of each raid.

3 Likes

I think we get far more inventory items from general loot that drops than from one additional shard that would be generated every 10-20 minutes needed for a standard dungeon run. Please turn this off (or make it a setting we can choose individually!)

4 Likes

Iā€™m a big fan of Horizontal progression as long as it gives me options to play differently instead of just more. Like if New Raids/Dungeons came with the same level/power of gear, but had different affixes you could only get there. Something to widen the options of how to play but not necessarily something thatā€™s outright better.

5 Likes

On the note of horizontal progress, I think one thing thatā€™s critically missing is the lack of actual changes to gameplay, at least for DPS folks. For DPS, you generally get a little extra damage or a dose of survivability. At least tanks have the survivability buff that can do some work.

However, there could be a whole lot more, possibly added to just legendary gear:

• An affix that tells Rangers the path of their arrow, like the aborted talent.
  • An affix that makes Ranger arrows ignore gravity for part of their path.
  • An affix that makes Warrior shield physically bigger, or changes the shape entirely.
  • An affix that makes Runes slightly easier to cast.
  • An affix that adds an ammo slot (arrows/musket orbs/etc.), but increases cooldowns.
  • An affix to reduce cooldowns of specific abilities, but lowers non-ability damage.
3 Likes

In addition, in Reborn weā€™ll be introducing a new temporarily tradable system for gear drops in Shard Dungeons and Raids. Whenever an item drops, anyone who was present when the drop occurred is eligible to receive it via trade until you leave the dungeon or raid instance. This should keep the current personal loot system intact while still allowing Fellowships and other organized groups to share gear to prioritize gearing up a certain player or help catch someone up quickly without needing to wait for the RNG loot to cooperate.

People will sell raid spots. They did the exact same thing in WoW.

1 Like

They wonā€™t because the risk is too highā€¦ in WoW and other games this works because of their bazillion players which give a relative anonymity (and the easiness of dropping an account and open a new one in case of bans).
If people in Orbus sell spots - for real money - the risk is high that one of the people buying them tells and then 4-9 high level chars are busted, likely followed by account-bans, no one really would take this risk. If for example anyone would try to sell me other items for real money I would tell as well, but it did not happen yet.

Another thing is selling spots for dram. I am not sure if devs would crack down on this practice as well, rather not. There are already people buying level-services for dram or rather giving dram for the time spent, even if itā€™s a friend.

But I am also not sure if anyone would offer this for raids or dungeons even. It still takes a couple runs to get what you want and you will need to pay a LOT to spread it amongst the ones dragging you and make it worthwhile for them - the better they are, the more likely they drown in dram anyway. And many (like me; I play for the joy of not only gearing me up, but also others, geez itā€™s a game after all) would likely refuse to take part in such a group.

Also thereā€™s hardly people which are such bad players that they would not get spots for free in any group so I donā€™t think thereā€™s a real market for that, if you want to gear up, join a guild and you will have lots of chances.

1 Like

I donā€™t think you have ever done a beta starting on a Monday. Will the patch notes be released tomorrow or Sunday?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.