New Patch: 4.50

I’m actually writing up a longer feedback post on the first two wings right now. I’ll add one in with the new bosses once I get a chance to run them.

I feel pretty good about where the bosses are at right now. Esp if these are intended for players in blues. It seems the difficulty in the fights is heavily based around decision making and reaction time rather than being geared to the hilt which is good. It also seems that it’s significantly easier if you have a pile of gear.

We did notice adds on Squiddie throwing aoe’s after death. Sometimes it was just a red zone with no damage though.

I found the hitbox on tank keeper was pretty rough as a warrior. I don’t know if it has to do with his head pushing outside his body so much or what but all of my swings were registering poorly on him and I couldn’t seem to find a sweet spot. Only 2 kills so far though so that’s a pretty small amount of attempts.

Really fun fights! after the difficulty increase they got to be decently challenging and fun, especially the new shroom boss, he tough!
one bug we experienced is the minions on squiddie still doing their AOE after being killed, sometimes it was just the zone and did no damage, other times it seemed like it did, and other i couldnt tell, so idk

Edit: just noticed quinn posted about it as well

Okay, great, thanks! Yes basically I just went back through and made the “mistakes” hurt a little more, e.g. I saw a screenshot someone had completed the last boss in the Forest wing in a way that I didn’t really intend to be possible, that kind of thing. Hopefully they’re in a good place now. Glad you enjoyed them!

I’ll back up what others have said: these are fun bosses that require good execution from players. Having full epic gear certainly reduces the punishment from mistakes, but a group in blues/partial epics would need to have solid execution to get through.

I won’t rehash the bugs already mentioned here since the majority of posters in this thread were all in the same group and saw the same things.

I do find it odd that we dropped 0 fragments among all of EK’s kills today. Are these dropping as intended? Our sample size is pretty small, but we usually see more fragments from Mist or Soul than we did from the new wings today.

Yes, sorry, I think there is something wrong with the fragment drops, working on a fix for that now.

Patch 4.51 was just pushed out to clients and the server which fixed the bug which was causing the fragments for the Tradu Forest and Tradu Skywalk not to drop off the last boss in each dungeon. Restart your Steam/Oculus client to get it right away. Note that they will only drop on “fresh” dungeon runs from here on out.

Also fixed a crash bug that was happening when the Tank Keeper boss tried to reset after a wipe.

Thanks!

Is it intended that all of the trash is respawning if you wipe on Tank Keeper? It’s making things really slow and boring.

No sorry that was the bug I just mentioned. Should be fixed now if you’re on a fresh run.

Done both new dungeons, though what I’ve noticed that the mushroom boss is so annoying, I think it’s either there are too many mushrooms or their range for powering up the boss is just too big, either way, it’s hard to do that one (not impossible, tho I would rather not mention how we were able to manage it :smiley: )

Also for the Skywalk, I think Squiddie is a bit buggy, the “venom” pools are not always disappearing (well, they are more like not disappearing at all, also staying even after killing the boss), also healing towers seem to focus on the puddles.

In general, I think the new wings are fun, some are annoying, but doable, while some are rather on the fun side to do :slight_smile:

So I had a bad experience with the patch, but from what I’m reading, a part of that could have just been luck.

My group started on the mushroom boss which seems to be the hardest boss of the bunch. We wiped several times and eventually came to the conclusion that we would need a second Musketeer to keep the tank alive, and we didn’t have one. We moved onto the next boss, and after one attempt, the regular dungeon mobs respawned. This was pretty deflating and we decided to just go back to sentry.

I think that’s sort of the core problem with the mines right now. There’s no reason to not just do sentry. All the other bosses put a lot of pressure on everyone to adapt to their mechanics perfectly, whereas sentry just has the one red AOE. His only other mixup is so easily countered it’s not really worth mentioning.

I think it’s OK to have easy and hard bosses, but it would be nice if something like Mushroom had rewards that are rewarding enough to warrant fighting him in the first place.

I know the world boss tokens are going to be a thing, and maybe that will add some flair to some of the bosses, but there’s still not a huge reason to do worm, mushroom, or squid.

I have some thoughts about the rest of your post that I will try and add later, but just wanted to apologize again for the crash that was resetting the mobs. It seems fixed but I’m sure that was frustrating. I wish I had noticed it happening sooner.

Oh was it a crash? I think someone mentioned that mobs just reset after like an hour. I’m not sure though. To clarify: They began to reset gradually in the order we killed them after around an hour. This may be a bug, I’m not sure.

I think the fights are great, there’s a good mix of different mechanics to deal with and each fight brings something interesting to the table.

The only thing I found to be disappointing is unbending, and I say this as a person who has unbending weapons. It’s too powerful compared to all of the other affixes. A group of people with unbending have so much more leeway than a group of people without. It’s so bad that unbending can pretty much trivialize mechanics on at least two of the new bosses.

WTB warrior ult. I only got one charged up today on new content, between the two bosses and three aberration camps in Skywalk, and played for most of the day (maybe nine solid hours with break removed?).

Aside from that, had a blast. Nox fully cleared.

2 Likes
  1. I think you need to tweak the shroom boss a little. Maybe tone down the rate the shrooms spawn, or give them a little longer time to grow, or make it so that they cannot spawn directly beneath the boss so they are nearly impossible to target.
  2. The tank keeper boss right now has what appears to be a mechanic that can one-shot a person who is randomly targeted. I am not sure if this is intended.
  3. The jellyfish boss has invisible venom pools

Yeah I totally agree. There seem to be a lot of oneshot mechanics in Tradu and unbending is the difference between dying and not dying.

1 Like

Oh I see, no that is an intended mechanic. The crash was causing the mobs to respawn right away if you wiped on the Tank Keeper boss.

Yeah, I do think that affix is probably pretty over-powered currently. The intent was to give a little leeway on fights, but not to make them totally trivial. I think probably what I will do is make it so that the affix only works if the attack against you is for a certain percent of your health or less. The original intent was for tanks to wear it and if you took a tankbuster at 10% health you would survive it once, not that you could be at 50%+ health and take an attack that was intended to totally wipe your group.

Well that sounds very far off. Is that what other Warriors are seeing? Were you dying a lot (which resets your Super)?

Yeah, I will take a look at that later today.

It shouldn’t be a one-shot if you are at full health…

So in general my thoughts on this are with our loot system, it’s going to incentivize people to farm the easier bosses. On the other hand, if we did a specific loot system, where say the “best tanking ring was only on a certain boss,” then I think there would be complaints that it’s harder to gear up certain classes than others, because the tanks have to do the Tank Keeper boss and the DPS just get to farm Sentry for their stuff. So unless we can magically make every boss the same difficulty (which is really hard to do), and then there are no “intro” bosses, I’m not sure there is a great solution to this either way.

However, keep in mind that these are not meant to be the end-all be-all dungeons. These are the first tier of end-game content, that you should do for 20-30 hours to gear up your first Epic set, then in theory you would move on to the Shard dungeons, which are these same dungeons (plus the leveling ones), just with more escalating difficulty and other tricks. And in that system, the dungeon you have to do to advance is random, and you have to do the whole thing (including both bosses and a certain amount of the trash) to complete it. And that is really where the gear farming will be taking place for hardcore players, so to some degree I think we do have a good solution at that level.

That’s why, honestly, it’s really important for folks to be doing all those bosses and us to be getting feedback on them, otherwise we’re all going to have a really bad day when Shard dungeons come out and suddenly all progress halts because it turns out no one can actually do the Tank Keeper fight the way it’s intended or something.

Noo! My unbending!!! :sob:

If I had to suggest to change it I would double the cooldown.