New Patch: 4.50

There will be a new patch out later this morning with some new content and changes to the game.

Tradu Mines: 2 More Wings!

The highlight of this patch is the opening of the last two wings of the Tradu Mines, the Tradu Skywalk and the Tradu Forest. As with the previous wings in the Tradu Mines, each of these dungeons features two new bosses that will challenge your group with new, unique mechanics and should provide ample entertainment for many, many hours.

Each of these wings also follows the new loot system, meaning there are now a potential of 4 guaranteed drops that each player could get per day if they were to run all the wings fully.

Keep in mind that in terms of tuning and balance, these bosses have some interesting new mechanics, but they are tuned assuming a fairly “fresh” Level 20 group, so especially if your group has already spent their time farming entire sets of Epic gear, once the mechanics are figured out the difficulty of the fight itself may be somewhat easy. On the other hand, if you’re Level 20, even if you’re new to end-game, you should feel confident hopping into all the wings of the Tradu Mines, they’re designed with you in mind!

Super Re-Balancing

The Supers of all the classes have been re-balanced to be more even. This means that for some classes (like the Runemage) the super will be slower than before, while for others (like the Ranger) the super will charge faster. In general we have “squished down” the spectrum of possible super charge times for all classes. Previously, for example, if you got everything “just right” as a Ranger – used your ability arrows and Charged Shot as often as possible,shot from max distance, and never missed – you could charge your Super very quickly. But if any of those things were missed, your Super charged extremely slowly. We’ve kept those same bonuses, but we’ve basically made it so that the “floor” is higher and the “ceiling” is a little lower.

We’ve also applied the same type of “maximum Super charge per second” scaling to the Runemage and Warrior as we did to the Ranger, which should smooth out the Super charge time much more.

Runemage: The Super is still dependent on alternating your spells (although the penalty is not as severe), and on not missing spell casts (although, again, the penalty/bonus is not as severe). Casting 1 spell every 1.5 seconds will allow you to generate maximum Super.

Ranger: Pretty much the same as before, with bonuses granted for not missing and shooting at a distance, but the penalty for close-up shots has been greatly reduced, and the base Super per shot was increased.

Warrior: As long as you are blocking a hit and making a strike at least once per second, you are generating maximum Super now. Emphasized sword hits over blocks (although both contribute), so Super generation should now happen much more quickly in solo DPS play. Combos add additional Super but are not as vital as they were before.

Musketeer: Increased the value of the Super per each Orb hit. There is still a bonus for hitting multiple enemies, but the bonus has been reduced so that it’s nice but not vital, so your floor of Super generation (e.g. in Solo play) should be much higher. If you are hitting 5 or more enemies with an Orb, you are generating maximum Super, but again the difference between hitting 1 enemy and 5 enemies is not nearly as large. Finally, the Super is tuned around using an Orb around once every 2.5 seconds.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed the Charged Strikes affix only procing every 11 times rather than 10 as intended.

We anticipate the patch going live around 12 PM (Noon) US Central Time, although there will be around 15-20 minutes of downtime to roll out the patch fully.

Thanks!

7 Likes

you said that there is now 8 total guaranteed epics per person, but up until now it has been 1 per dungeon wing, so with the new ones 4 total, or did something change and we now get 2 guaranteed per dungeon?

1 Like

Sorry, my mistake, I meant there are 8 bosses that qualify to give you a guaranteed drop, but you are correct it’s just 1 per person per day, so 4 per day total. I will fix that.

2 Likes

Is this an “and” or an “or” here? Do we need to block and hit once per second? Or is it: We need to block or hit once per second?

Super excited for the new bosses btw. :slight_smile:

You get Super from both striking and blocking. So ideally you would be striking AND blocking once per second to get the maximum Super charge. However, previously the Shield block Super addition was worth twice what the base Strike super addition was, and I actually reversed that, so if you aren’t blocking anything you aren’t missing out on nearly as much as you were before.

1 Like

Sounds great! Sour says I never block anyway

Awesome. Makes total sense. Interested to test this out on solo Warrior play. Nice work!

Client-side patches are now available to download on both Steam and Oculus. Server restart will happen in about 10 minutes, and again it may take 15-20 minutes to come back online.

Server-side restart is now completed. Thanks!

mmmh, wheren`t you thinking loud in another thread that blocking may be more emphasised in future like blocking charges sword or something like that…now the shield is even less important than before…

Well that’s a much larger overhaul than this is. But yes I still have some ideas in that direction.

1 Like

So just watching the logs, it looks like a lot of the bosses are falling a lot faster than they did with the first set of wings. Some of that is probably balancing (and I’m pushing out a few tuning changes now), but if there are things that are full-on broken about the fight making it easier than it should be, please let me know.

I was just wondering if there are some concrete plans for the near future.
Can i look up what will come in the next (weeks?months?) somewhere?
If not, that’s cool, just came to my mind :yum:

1:13 All new bosses down!

Side note there’s a bug on Tank Keeper with the tanks not respawning.

2 Likes

Congrats, was this post patch? (would of had to reset dungeon and re-entered for it to take effect). And the tanks not re-spawning is that if you wipe on the boss and then re-run him?

I’m not sure what time we entered that dungeon. We cleared the Skywalk in about 15 min so forest would’ve been pretty early. We can do another forest run if that would help.
Try to recreate the bug.

potion keeper basic attacks sometimes do no damage. Other times do a lot of damage instantly

Okay, so I think that should be fixed now. That may have been making that fight a little easier than intended since in subsequent runs he wouldn’t have had all his tanks available to use.

For those groups that have cleared it already, would love general feedback on the fights…did you find them challenging at all or were they just total pushovers? And then do you think that’s because your equipment is probably a lot better now as opposed to the first set of wings, or…?