New player, Huge thank you to the dev team and community!

Hi All,

I just started playing yesterday from the recommendation of a friend for me to check this title out. I played EQ for 5 years and have played WoW since launch. This is exactly something I’ve been looking for in VR since I got my rift last year, just sad I didn’t know about it sooner =)

Anyway, I just want to say thank you for all the hard work that has gone into this and to the community of players who have been friendly and helpful! I’m really looking forward to see where the game goes!

I did have a bit of a bumpy start, the game would crash every 5-10 minutes… but a quick google search brought me here to the message boards where the fix was listed by changing the connection method at the login screen and now after playing for a solid hour the only thing I saw was losing connection once but I just had to log back in and was good to go again!

Thank you again!!! <3

22 Likes

Welcome David! What class are you leveling up? Please let us know if you have any questions. You may also like to check out the unofficial community discord https://discord.me/orbusvr

6 Likes

Right there with you David, Tried for the first time yesterday because my friend saw that it was free for the weekend. Decided to try it out and spent 6 hours just having one of the best times in VR. Amazing game, amazing community, and amazing devs. This seems to be a team that really cares and it shows with the beauty of their creation. Cant wait to see you all back in the game :smile:

8 Likes

Currently the gunner one, mostly because I found it to be very fluid to do combat in and as a side bonus I enjoy playing a healing role.

I started fishing yesterday as well and that was rather fun =)

I’m a bit of an alt-o-holic so I’m sure I’ll end up leveling all the classes to max at some point, but the sword and board style has my attention a lot as a secondary class atm. Mage looks cool as well but I think I want to feel a bit more comfortable with everything before I jump into that deep end. I do like the archer, but when I initially gave it a shot it felt a lot like the gunner but not quite a fluid. Shooting arrows with the trigger rather than the grip button took me a bit to get used to and I missed the healing so went back to gunner first.

I’ll have to check out the discord channel as well, thanks!!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.