New player question: any classes in demand?

I think some of us are hoping that the promised adjustments on June 11 will be good.

I think it’s more to do with people already having level 20 muskies and it already being familiar, so it’s easy to get 20-30 on even if people don’t plan on playing it much it gives them the option to heal, if needed if they are a DPS or tank main they can switch up whereas leveling a bard is 1-30 so a little more work

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the numbers. I was already interested in bard and paladin. From reading other threads it looks like paladins at present have issues with tank busters, but the responsiveness of the devs for this game makes me think that any real issues will be resolved relatively quickly. As an aside, developer responsiveness (Riley in particular) seems unusually good if this forum is any indication. It makes me hopeful for the future. :slight_smile:

Right now, I’m thinking paladin/shaman/bard, in that order, though in almost any MMO I’ve played warriors end up having better survival as tanks, perhaps due to the utility that paladins are often given. With the way that leveling works now, I guess it shouldn’t be too tough to test classes out before committing.

Thanks again for all the replies!

sorry for being a tad bit off topic here

I also would like to see a very good shaman player. From my experience in the beta, if it wasn’t bugging out, the class could do crazy dps with little effort. In the beta, comparing to a good mage that usually would have been doing crazy dps (this was pre spread lvl20 talent nerfs) I could out dps them.

The issue I have personally with the shaman is it feels 1 dimensional and un-skill based, every shaman is the same from what I’ve seen (honestly though that’s very little). Disclaimer: this is my opinion others may find shaman more fun and saying this I still levelled the class to around lvl 26 already

I think plenty of feedback was given during the last Beta. They’re working on it, but nothing’s fixed yet.

I don’t know if I’ll ever attain being “a very good shaman player” but my reaction to the impression of it being 1 dimensional and unskill based is
D:
Granted, pretty sure it’s labeled one of the easiest classes at the character select and vendor, but something needs to be :sweat_smile:
I’m still leveling (hit 12 yesterday) but my tactics have already evolved from when I’d first picked it up. I used to throw over an AoE totem, then start throwing with orbs, but now I’ll put down a totem, throw an orb from as far away as I can (I’m very entertained at throwing stuff from a distance for the initial pull) and don’t put down an AoE totem until they’re either at me or at the tank (if there’s a tank), then I’ll scoot back some and continue with throwing orbs. I also used to have 2 orb totems and 2 AoE on my belt, but now I have the one (usually lava) and three orbs (fire, stun, lightning). Those may switch around depending on group composition or how mobs get later.
I’d also say I feel like I have the same movement as with mage. Draw, cast, jump/run, so if I need to be in constant movement in a dungeon, once tank has aggro I’ll throw down the AoE one, maybe only throw one or two orb totems down to grab/ throw those, run, if it’s a constant circle of boss a totem may still be there when I get back around, and even if not I don’t feel like they take too long to respawn on my belt, so my stun orb totem may still be over there but I can throw another down over here anyway. I agree it’s probably more simple than other classes, my approach is probably not what a hardcore min/maxer would do, but I feel there’s room for strategy and different approaches. Plus I’m super proud of hitting something from a distance either thrown or iron man version (great to rest arms a bit). I know I already effectively said that, but… but… throws things :smile:
So, at least for a casual like me, I’m really happy with it :sweat_smile:
I also seem to have a much easier time than most grabbing orb vs totem, although I do look forward to how that issue will be addressed. And the orbs not appearing sometimes part. I need to start being better about sending in those logs.
Also that I keep forgetting to post that during dragon races the bars are still in my face flying and in front of text when talking to NPCs. Those bars are always there :ghost:

2 Likes

Glad to hear you are enjoying the class. I guess it is me looking at it as a more ‘hardcore’ player. Casual or hardcore if you enjoy it then keep on going. My statements are harsh but also my opinion and I would love to be proved wrong.

On first impressions I thought the class would be my new main but maybe because of bugs or game play I didn’t have that much fun, I guess we will see :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.