New runemage spell drawing color

I was looking at the new combat class photos on the orbus website, and the new runemage image gave me an idea.

Runemage is by far my favorite class in the game, i have spent hundreds of hours drawing spells, but one thing always bothered me: the ugly purple=pink color that you draw the spells with. I personally think it looks like Barney the dinosaur is bleeding all over my screen whenever i see it. When i looked at the website, however, it showed the runemage drawing with fire, which i personally think looks way better :

Please, devs, implement this, or something like it, into the game.

3 Likes

There is actually a reason it’s that purple color, if I’m not mistaken the wand is pulling chaos essence from the chaos realm and that’s how you make spells. Because chaos essence is purple when you draw the stuff comes out as purple

3 Likes

Why did the devs themselves put an image of a mage drawing in orange flame color instead of chaos essence then? Also, the ranger arrows, scoundrel bullets, and musketeer bullets are all purple as well. I can understand musketeer bullets being Chaos Essence infused, but ranger arrows or regular scoundrel gun bullets??

1 Like

The picture looks cooler with the red and also it’s probably not cannon the musket and scoundrel gun are probably powered by the essence (notice how you don’t have to manually reload them like it’s magic) and the arrow might be tipped with chaos essence or is made entirely up of chaos essence

1 Like

This is…actually a good explanation. I still think that the spells look fricking ugly but at least it makes sense now

2 Likes

Possibly the devs could make some wands take essence from other realms that might have the essence as a different color

3 Likes

at this point im so sick of the purple i would take almost anything over it

2 Likes

Ought to be a pretty damn easy QoL fix to add a color picker and saving the value for your personal choice of drawing color.

That said, the devs are currently working on fixing old desync bugs (and similar) which overall are more important for, well… Everyone playing. Perhaps they have time for stuff like this afterwards :smiley:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.