Nick's Narrative Suggestions Thread

Hey all, for those of you who don’t know me, I’m Nick (or Hulthine in-game). I’m your friendly neighborhood narrative designer and overall keeper of the lore of Orbus VR.

Just starting this thread to hear people’s thoughts on any and all things relating to narrative and lore. Feel free to give compliments and critiques, make suggestions etc. Can’t promise I will use anything suggested, but you never know, you might see your idea come through in the story later down the track!

Have at it!

4 Likes

Thanks, Nick! I’ve been enjoying the in-game text a lot. Really starting to get a feel for the larger world around us.

As someone who obsesses on this sort of thing a little bit, I’d love to get a phonetic pronunciation guide someday. I think I’m mispronouncing about 90% of the proper nouns right now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sure we can wrangle up something like that. A lot of the developers are having the same problem haha so it’s definitely on my to do list.

1 Like

Hey hulthine! So far I’m really enjoying the story for the new quests, especially the general’ slack of a language filter😄. But ya, it’s very interesting finally discovering why the order guard was angry with the wenderwood villagers, and the game world is just so cool! Also, I heard that the tiny man killed you😀. Keep on making an amazing story!

1 Like

Haha thanks! Yeah, the General is a fun character. Particularly inspired by several of the roman generals in the Asterix and Obelix comic series, of which I grew up on.