Numbers for HP, heals, DMG taken, and healing rune tilesets

So regardless of if we can see it, somewhere in this game lies numbers for all this stuff and it would be really nice to have a toggle to see it. Or really anything to give us an idea of what we’re really working with here.

For example, since the dawn of it’s implementation people have been saying runes for MSK are worthless and don’t exist. Now what exactly tilesets relating to targeted heals do for a MSK, I don’t know. I imagine higher potency, but how much higher? Equal to that of DPS benefits? Who knows if we don’t know any numbers in the first place!

But it’s definitely doing something cuz the runes proc when I hit people and since we don’t get numbers to show up like DPS do, it’s really hard to pinpoint the effects. People always said it didn’t work when I asked, and I’ve doubted that response forever so here’s your proof that it at least procs. Now what on Earth is it doing? My apologies for the sound, I forgot to adjust my sliders and I’m sick so it was a lot of sniffling and nasal breathing. So I covered it up with that goofy royalty free music YouTube offered haha

1 Like

Tilesets for muskies proc and effect the damage but it doesn’t effect healing at all.

Me and @Decoy tested this a while back and he posted the results either on here or his discord

But how do you know? We don’t even know base HP or how much VIT/HP for that matter. Single Target cure, renew, and shield proc and can clearly see it in this vid. Are you saying it’ll light up but do nothing? I don’t buy it until we have actual numbers @Riley_D

I switched between classes to make my HP drop, he would then heal me up we watched the amount the health bar would move, we then did the same but with him procing 3 sets of runes and healed me up and it was the same, we spent hours testing the different values for attack/str/int/vit/crit

So why does it light up at all then? Sorry but until we get to see some sort of numbers I don’t see why it would do that if literally nothing happens. When you think about it, it’s crazy that we have no clue and never have had a clue about these values

I do appreciate the response though and that you guys tried to figure it out. I’m not calling you a liar, I’m just saying until we have some idea what any of these values are or one of the Devs comes out and says “yes, we took the time to make shield and cure proc for literally no reason”, I’m gonna have a hard time believing it. Seeing, for example, a 10% difference on a tiny bar with this resolution is ridiculous as well. But it’ll make a difference if it’s there

You don’t need numbers if you make the health relative to how many hits it takes to kill that given player with the same armor. The weaker the spell, and wand, the more granular you can test. Also the higher the armor stats the more granular you can test.

Done enough times this would be conclusive enough without having known the numbers.

Idk what Decoy or Rickness did exactly though.

I went back through the chat and found his post from when we tested it, I killed him in the wilds using my musky as it has a set value for its hits so will always hit the same amount unless it’s a crit which we watched for and used that to work out the values

I don’t understand why it’s not just a % increase to Intellect and/or Strength.
This would make it viable to every class.

Devs have said multiple times, the tilesets do NOT effect healing. They did mention that they might add something in the future to tilesets to effect healing in the future.

Let’s forget I’m trying to get answers for the sake of figuring out runes, because we can have all the conjecture we want but at the end of the day there’s a billion variables and no actual numbers to plug in anywhere to truly know. Are you guys right? Probably, but the entire reason I came here was to rally support to get actual numbers.

Also, whether DPS or heals, all these fall under the general category of abilities. Which make runes proc. So why wouldn’t it just be a base potency increase on using abilities? Why do the runes light up if they do nothing? It makes zero sense, and I know they’ve said that before but I’m still asking because I’ve always felt the reason people say MSK runes don’t work is because how do people figure out runes? On a dummy of course. But that wouldn’t represent how a MSK actually handles themselves in battle at all, and it would make you base on your runes off of using CDs on yourself. The turret won’t even shoot the dummy. Anyways! I’ll look at that on my own. I just want actual numbers for things because it’s a pretty basic concept we’ve always been missing and I don’t get why everyone seems so okay with it

Again, this whole thread is to accomplish a few things. One, what are our actual stats on this stuff? Even just base HP and incoming DMG would be great. Two, MSK runes for heals on other targets DO proc, which leads us to what do they do? Nothing? How would we even know if we don’t even know how much HP we have? These are things we should know and should be concerned about. And if they really don’t do anything, why? Why light up? Why include it at all? You guys can think I’m crazy behind the MSK if you please, but can you really say that the points I’m bringing up and the answers I’m looking for are also crazy or illogical? I mean, the numbers do exist in the game. We just don’t get to see them for some reason. I can accept that maybe the runes activate cuz it was going to be a feature that was never finished. But beyond that everything here is just a guessing game and it shouldn’t be

You don’t need numbers to test this, you can make it relative to how many hits an enemy can take. Make the hits be a large number, and if you do enough test runs you don’t have to worry about crits.

Also would wonder if this affects, freeze orb, or poison orbs. The dev’s also sometimes do ninja patches so data may be outdated.

What seems weird is that weapon points affect the amount you can heal by. Does weapon points also affect the amount of damage a musket does?

If so then what is happening is that weapon points are being used by two methods, one that calculates damage, the other that calculates healing. Within the one that calculates damage, there is the tileset proc increase somewhere in the algorithm whilst in the one method that calculates healing that isn’t applied.

You still have Overkill and variance in auto attack damage. So are you close? Sure. But it’s still not truly accurate. And the only way to be accurate is to have actual numbers. If you don’t care to know them that’s cool, but I do and that’s not going to change. And yeah, the gun attack does affect both to the best of my knowledge. There’s so much that we don’t know, and a lot of it is really basic normal information that players of RPGs since the dawn of tabletops have had.

Also, take renew and poison for example. They both have the same rune. And they both proc on their intended purpose. Someone had to write the code to make any of them proc. It didn’t just magically happen out of nowhere, so I think these questions aren’t out of line at all.

All of this was literally a design choice to assign any of the CDs to proc under different conditions. And I’m just asking for what if it does nothing. I’m not going to just take a 14k HP number that came from who knows where cuz it wasn’t the devs and say okay, that’s enough. I’m not trying to argue with anyone here. I was just hoping other people would want to know these things too, especially if they saw on video a single shot shield that hit nothing but a toon proc runes. But it doesn’t seem to be the case, so I’ll keep my eye out for a dev to respond but otherwise I’m gonna carry on in game as I have and leave this thread behind me cuz it’s not leading anywhere.

1 Like

Don’t get discouraged - keep up the good fight. Most normal human beings want actual numbers. There are already enough parts of this game that are too needlessly obscure - numbers being top of the list. Ironically, we can see the exact amount of healing a corrupted warg does, but not how much we heal our own team - it’s ridiculous.

1 Like

Would seriously be nice to have concrete numbers to work with. Like oh I put this glove on and it dropped my health by 200.

I agree, numbers would be a big boon for a lot of us, and ignored at worst by everyone else.

I know way too many person hours have been invested by people trying to figure out a way to simply understand the numbers for their health. Damage has a number, why not HP? Totally on the same page with this.

2 Likes

And don’t get me wrong. I’m not mad or anything, it’s all good. I’m just super baffled by this whole scenario and the lack of demand for answers on it. It’s not like I asked for the location of the trickster chest when they announced it. That kinda thing is something that should, and had better be for that matter, a secret to the devs. This is just kinda like, why on Earth don’t we have this information? Why would you keep it secret? Lol do you see what I’m saying?

I really hope a dev hops in here and sheds some light on all this. Would certainly help us Muskies.

1 Like

I wasn’t saying we don’t need the numbers, I think it would be a great change tbh, we wouldn’t have spent all that time testing stuff to work out the numbers if we didn’t think they were needed.

@Riley_D knows we want them and is planning on adding them but I guess it keeps getting pushed back so he can focus on other things

1 Like