Oculus Free Weekend

Played for the first time last night and stayed in for 6 hours. Amazing!!! Thanks for making this free for the weekend!!

5 Likes

We’ll be doing another quick server restart in about 30 minutes to prepare for the rest of the day. Should only be a couple of minutes of downtime. Thanks for your patience!

Would it be possible to send system notices in game ?

Yep we just did, you should have gotten it about 5 minutes ago if you were in-game. I’m sending out the 20 minute notice now, for example.

Okay so the server restart was completed successfully. However, we’re still not solving the problem that I keep trying to solve to get us to where I want the server to be ahead of tomorrow’s event, so we’re going to have to do one (hopefully final) restart again later this afternoon. I will try and give plenty of advanced notice for that. There will also be a client-side patch going out around that time.

Again, thank you everyone for your patience, hopefully this is the kind of thing where a little annoyance now saves us from major headaches tomorrow when we have a huge influx of new people.

1 Like

Voice chat seems a bit patchy since the server restart, been sat at highsteppe talking to people and sometimes the audio will cut out and I can’t hear them but could still hear others

Okay thanks for the heads up. I’ll work on that for the next restart.

1 Like

We’ll be doing this restart at 1 PM CDT. Thanks!

The server restart has been completed. We’re monitoring now for any further issues. Thanks again for your understanding.

We have identified a bug which is causing the master server process to restart unexpectedly. We have a fix for it, which I am going to deploy in 30 minutes. Sorry for the late notice, but I would rather fix this now and not have random restarts all evening. In-game notices are going out now.

1 Like

Server restart has been completed, we’ll continue to monitor this and make sure all is well now. Thanks for your patience and sorry for the interruption during peak time!

1 Like

Was this a fix for the master process crash?

Also should higher level shards be attempted post this fix or do you think player should avoid it until free weekend is over?

Yes it was to fix the master process crash.

I guess it depends on your risk tolerance. I am pretty sure I fixed it that issue, but who knows something else may go wrong. I would think if things are stable the rest of the night then it would be fine to do it tomorrow (although obviously I would not do it during the Gold Rush time period).

I don’t want to say “Yeah definitely go for it!” and then have something else go wrong, but at least from what I can tell that issue is fixed and I don’t know of any others still outstanding at this point.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.