Oldschool Orbus please

Where is the ‘complaining’? Where are the ‘sides’? I am clarifying, not for the first time, why these suggestions hardly make sense, from a technical and economical stance alike…
And while I don’t miss some things about the OG, like certain boss mechanics, bugs and the low playercount overall, I do miss some other things as well. (Overworld) level scaling for example is flatout horrible and spoil some activities I loved most in the OG, like venturing around “clearing” whole areas in a decent time, feeling progress and helping out others in trouble. But threads discussing these or other concrete points would do so much more (or anything) than an illusionist “bring it back”.

3 Likes

I totally second this thread!
Leaving all personal opinions aside, I hear it all the time from so many people how the old Orbus was just much better. (Mountain climbing, swimming… just lots of neat hidden stuff to do)

Maybe an option might be to take all that is good from reborn and pop it into the old Orbus.
OR
Merge reborn and the old Orbus together as two different worlds that can either link together or you can travel from one to the other in some shape or form… This way players of both worlds can now share something bigger and funner together.

or maybe someone else has a much better idea…

2 Likes

Swimming and climbing wasn’t a thing. Well, swimming… We could get underwater but that was NOT intended lol

With imagination, it sure was, I have pictures of the top of the mountain at Highsteppe if you want to see… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sword rush mountaineering. we need that back but there are few places to use it.

3 Likes

well, there is shaman climbing now.

7 Likes

#Where’sMyWilds?

3 Likes

The picture with the loot bags was taken in the Lucian Wilds…

Those graphics where to amazing!

3 Likes

Here is the actual one from the top of the Highsteppe mountain, looking into the ‘volcano’ in the middle.
This is where the IRL Witch lived and can be seen in the background…

2 Likes

its not the graphics that I need @M_L its the fact that the ranger wasn’t broken, the trickster chest was 1.8 million times better then the trickster goblin, the expert raids were a lot of fun and the aborations aswell

1 Like

also the healing pots weren’t broken too

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more!.. I guess it’s super hard to put all that you like about a game in a short paragraph.
I was asked before and I will say it again, I loved EVERYTHING about the old orbus :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just a side through…Maybe one of the business mistakes that Orbus made was to launch before the game was ready. I think they didn’t really know what the community wanted and they ended up pleasing some while dis-pleasing others. Too many people had influential input and here we are today with a wishy-washy game, trying to please everyone, while actually dis-pleasing the general population. (Sure, this is VR, but still… Runescape had at lowest, 39k people online at one time.) so the fact that there is regularly between 30 and 100 people online should tell you that changes need to be made now to bridge all the gaps. Eveyone left.

Is this a Business model from Orbus where they want people to buy the game, they make money, and hate it to the point of leaving, leaving the resources on the server for another player willing to pay?

Maybe you should change Orbus to a game everyone wants to play and charge us 1$ per month to access the servers. Making you money while we are finally having real fun in VR!.. Think about it.

I’m willing to pay, and perhaps others are too, but at least we can have something worth it!

2 Likes

39k people online in a free, browser based MMO. Orbus requires expensive set ups. Having 30+ people online at once is pretty awesome. Looking at the other online VR games I play (Pavlov, Raw Data, Creed: Rise to Glory), nothing comes close to the player base here (minus Rec Room, but that’s free to play).

Preborn Orbus wasn’t advertised as the full game. It was the “beta”/pre-release. Obviously the business model isn’t to make people hate the game. That’s absurd. The devs are very active in the forums, listen to the community, and make changes where it fits with the vision of the devs . This isn’t a game run by the players, and we need to stop acting like it is. The devs don’t cater to our whims. It’s their game, and they can do whatever they want with it. The fact that they listen so much to us is pretty awesome, but lately the player base seems to be taking that for granted.

4 Likes

In one sense, I can agree with you, and in another I must disagree. I’ve played this game for almost 2 years and I’ve seen the players come and go. I’ve heard all the conversations along the way. I’ve played the dungeons and raids. I’ve climbed mountains and other crazy stuff.
I’ve played the long missed runemage tournaments…
If this game was as good as Runescape, the players wouldn’t all have left! Period. Gamers are gamers but the favorite games remain played no matter what…

2 Likes

Are you sure you know what you’re talking about? There are people who have left because of reborn, yes, but far from all. if you mean left the game in general(unrelated to the reborn update) it was the exact same in old orbus, people played, got bored and eventually stopped playing while some stuck around. That is still the case and always will be in any game.

While I’m at it i’ll share my thoughts about this whole “bring old orbus back” nonsense.
It’s stupid, and doesn’t provide any constructive feedback and no one seems to have much proper reason other than “oh, old orbus was so great. I loved everything about it” which is really hard to believe because there were soooo many bugs and issues in old orbus(some of which have been fixed with reborn) and saying you loved everything about old orbus implies that you also loved the bugs and issues.
like metris stated above, if you give some actual examples of specific things that you miss, that might be implemented at some point. All reburn really is on the surface is a re-skinned version of orbus in a new world with some new classes and features as well. All of the core mechanics and features are still here and many of them have had more added to them(ranger weakpoints for example) and sooo many QoL features have been added that I question how we didn’t go insane without them.

3 Likes

the only thing i miss was solo sentery as a warrior no need to wait late for a guild member or someone random also adoration was fun to solo as a warrior kill also farm in wilds

3 Likes

I am from old orbus, I even played with you regularly(if you’re who I think you are)
saying this post is for the people who want old orbus back and no one else is basically like saying you’re narrow minded and don’t want any feedback or input from different views.

3 Likes

@Asmund_T… The suggestion of merging both Orbus together was to bring both communities together and not divide them as you are trying to do!

1 Like

And I don’t remember you at all so, no, we didn’t play together.

1 Like