Open Alpha Feedback Thread

Just saw your question I know its late but those are teleport stones that runemages can learn the runes and insta-travel to them by opening a portal spell (still costs a reagent though)

This is great. Will we be getting an heads up on the added locomotion customization options?

I’m sure we’ll talk about it on the blog when we add it to the game.

1 Like

cool going to keep and eye out to see what you guys added before I decide to jump in but it looks like y’all heading in the right direction

As always, this was insanely fun to play in this! It was pretty refreshing to see so many new players and to help them out in understanding the game. (Also I met you Riley in the green lady forest and I couldn’t talk because my mic wasn’t working).
•It was nice seeing so many people in the starting areas but maybe turn up the respawn rate a tiny bit for the mobs and plants in areas frequented by players because I noticed that there wasn’t enough mobs to go around with the new players and they didn’t know to group so they were getting less experience than normal. Also because everyone was taking all the queens ear, I had to go to the inn area to find some more.
•It would be nice to see other player’s finishing lines and bobbers, it’s kinda weird seeing the people around you fish with imaginary fishing lines.
•maybe some more major areas should have a higher compass range like guild city, new Kingsport, highsteppe etc.
•maybe special icons on the compass for things like villages, landmarks, wilds and such.
•For the first dungeon, I’m pretty sure you can skip straight to the rock golem and ignore the rock crab. Didn’t fully test this though.

That’s pretty much it. Besides the couple crashes nothing really game-breaking comes to mind, and most of my bugs have already been reported so I don’t really want to restate those. Overall this was an amazing test and I cannot wait for the beta!

When @leotheshade just mentioned the spawning of plants I remembered a bug we encountered. We wanted to harvest the red truffle (or something like that) in the bandit camp and waited for it to spawn. It did not spawn. I then went away to look for other places it might have spawned and when I returned to the area I saw that they did respawn, but couldn’t be seen by the people who had not left the area. They could harvest them though, they just were invisible to them.

1 Like

Ok thanks for the report, they should only appear if you have accepted the second quest from the chef where he wants you to harvest them. Was everyone in your group on that quest?

@Robert yes, I was on the quest and I am certain that the person who was grouped up with me was on the quest as well. The third person there was looking for them, so I assume they also had the quest.

When we arrived there, we saw them, then one person that was already there and I harvested one each. And then we stood around and waited for them to respawn, for quite some time (we killed at least 5 probably more like 10 respawns of the bandits in that time).

Ok ill look at that thanks

I would like to say i loved this game, i just bought the founder package last night because i want to get back into this as soon as possible, i was able to play all 3ish days that was available, girlfriend went to work i went to the vive. The Runemage is where i am at home with this game. as soon as i found out how to become one i did so and played it to death, first hour was spent in the cave with a friend trying to figure out frost and firebolt. The next 2 days i had mastered almost all but arcane bomb(that tricky girl), saturday night i was up till 1 a.m. my time handing out at the starting zone farm with around 8 or so other mages all practicing, we had new people who had just became runemages and we had people level 4+ learning new spells. we showed each other shortcuts for spells and i even taught a player to do the resurrection spell which she was thrilled about. Ok enough about all the fun now other input.

1. I love the runemage and how hard it is to do spells i truly do. please please! don’t change that it shouldn’t be a point and click it should be a “MY DEAR BOY! you have mastered Frostbolt! good show! now take another 5 hours or so to get firebolt down.”
  2. I first hated how the quest was layed out as for as almost no direction but it made me have to ask other people which i really started to enjoy.
    3.Crashes, crashes, crashes, i know you will be working on it but just had to say it.
  3. I hate the idea of having a town teleportation system, just place a stone in them and have a runemage able to make the portal for them, that is so much more fun that, oh talk to this npc and tada.

I Think thats about if from me. SEE YOU IN THE BETA! and keep up the good job

-Dirtdog

1 Like

When i spawned into the game, my character left off where it was during the closed alpha, but when my level was reset. I was in a small village but due to my very low level, i wasn’t allowed to leave it. On either side of the village were monsters that greatly overpowered my character. I tried escaping multiple times but I kept getting stuck. Using the “return to graveyard” and “stuck in combat” options took me straight back to the same village with a graveyard as well. I am not sure how else i am supposed to escape that town. is there an option where i can reset my character to the starting area rather than that evil little town?

Yes we are planning to add something that will take you back to your Player House (which is for now in the starting area) as an escape method for that situation…dunno what the details are on it completely yet (how often you can use it, when you can’t use it, etc.) but we’ll be working on that before the next test.

I’m glad to see there’s an option to escape from places like that. During the closed alpha 7, I had exited the game and I was a level 8 barbarian. When I logged on to the open alpha, I was in the same place, but all my levels and gear reset. As a level 8, I was able to beat the wolves that surrounded the town, but as a level 1, I couldn’t get out. I would always die in 2 hits from them, and I never had the chance to beat them. That’s the specifics of the situation in case you need them.