Open call for New World Boss Discovery on release night 27 April 2018

All Fellowships, and End Game players (those at or very close to level 20) and anyone cool with dying a lot who is under that level:

Several active fellowships are putting out an open call to any fellowship or individuals who wish to participate in discovering and conquering the new world boss. TO BE CLEAR ALL ARE WELCOME AND WANTED!

We will be using the Orbus VR Community discords General audio channels during this time.

This is a unique opportunity to uncover and discover strategies and locations for the newest end game content that will be released next week. Currently we are expecting the first event to be largely an Orbus Community wide effort to discover, and if possible summon and attempt to defeat the new world boss in an effort to explore the new End Game content.

We expect to have a follow on event on Saturday that would allow for more serious attempts at defeating the boss once discovered that could include even more players from around the world. If enough information is found we plan on attempting to defeat it several times throughout the day, and the more the merrier!

5 Likes

We were actually going to try and get all the guilds together at launch around 11 AM PST. Maybe we can do the detective work early in the day so by that evening we have a good handle on the fight. @Camo3d is going to do the organizing. So anyone who wants to help with the fight on launch can contact him on discord.

All of the fellowship leaders are working together on this one. Anyone should be able to reach out to their respective fellowship leaders in order to get more information. As we get a better picture of things we will be updating this post, or creating new ones for follow on events.

1 Like

If I havenā€™t reached out to your fellowship yet and you want to help dm me on discord at ā€œCamo3dšŸ‡#4200ā€

Sounds great! I do think we need to all work together!

Yay world boss! Iā€™d also like to remind everyone that itā€™s a world boss and no fellowship has ownership of any of these attempts, that by its design, all are welcome.

1 Like

Yeah, this seems a little odd to meā€¦it almost seems like the implication is that the world boss is attempting to be claimed in advance for this event. What happens when other guilds, which were not included in this plan, show up at server launch on Friday and engage the world boss?

2 Likes

I think itā€™s just hard to get tone correctly this way. Everyone included seems to want to help include everyone.
Seriously though I am guessing itā€™s going to work out like it did for the worm boss? A bunch of people (any people) working together to do something amazing.

I tweaked the wording, sorry if anyone was offended by the list of Fellowships, or confused as to whether that meanā€™t they werenā€™t invited.

ALL ARE INVITED AND WELCOME! Murdering a world boss is something we do together in a huge mass, and especially finding out how, when, and where to spawn and destroy it will be a community effort.

2 Likes

This is going to be a shit show. We need to work out something ahead of time and refine a strategy so 20 people arenā€™t talking at the same time and we are listening to the same person. (Maybe one raid leader and one designated person per guild that can speak) Probably need to talk amongst guilds to have an understanding so we are consistently wiping from people accidentally pulling or not listening. Depending on how itā€™s tuned (I hope it is a tough one), we might be able to bum rush it, but understanding the mechanics and developing a strategy around that is important. Also need to work out whose fragments we are using.

1 Like

You are welcome to wait until everyone has figured it out. No need to assume we will fail until we have tried. Anyways, the graveyard is but a respawn away.

World bosses are hard, thatā€™s what makes them fun and interesting.

1 Like

My whole point is letā€™s make sure we are organized so itā€™s not a shit show. No one wants to sit and wipe repeatedly if people arenā€™t listening or because 20+ people are talking.

3 Likes

Count me in :slight_smile:
I havent used discord a lot. But on teamspeak There was a role like conversation leader. When he talks everyone else got his volume turned up so everyone could always hear him.
Is there something like that in discord too?

1 Like

Dude, that sounds like an awesome feature. Not sure there is something like that, but I do know that all of the Fellowship leaders are working on a schedule or plan for who will be in charge. Those that wish to lead should let the group know so they can get a chance to do it.

Luckily there is a big window during which we will be working together, so most people who want to will get a chance. We will ask that those who are not leading be respectful of the person speaking just like we have always done for other large world boss raids.

It is funny to read the first few post. It seems one person says ā€œeveryone should work togetherā€, then the next post says " NO! I think everyone should work together" :smile:
Anyway that is what we were trying to say. We were going to create a special discord that all the people helping organize can collaborate. If someone else would like to create a different place that is welcome as well.
@johann is right, we need to organize groups are it will be a mess. This organization likely wonā€™t be able to be done here.

1 Like

Can I join you on this cool quest ?

Naturally! All are welcome to join us. We will post updates when we have more details for the plan.

Absolutely! Itā€™s an open world boss. Players have some clues, but we still donā€™t know exactly where it will spawn, or how to spawn it. What we know is weā€™ll need lots of Tradu Fragments, which are drops from Keepers in level 20 dungeons, and the spawn location will be somewhere in Tradu Mines. The mines are guarded by high level monsters, but if you can make it in, you should be fine. Weā€™re anticipating the world boss to be live this Friday around 12PM CST, weā€™ll all be watching th forums for updates and more information. So excited! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Havenā€™t been able to help/ participate in most of these events due to the hours I play but I will try to make this oneā€¦ #needfriendslol

2 Likes

Itā€™s a world boss where everyone can walk up until the shard is full, so there is no way to exclude people. But there is no strategy yet, nothing, and this world boss is different since it requires an endgame guild to summon.
I think new players should at least be informed that the summoning items are dropping in the Tradu mines, from the harder bosses, and this not very often, so thereā€™s hard work involved to get this boss up. Ty in advance for the guilds sponsoring these items, for this and further events!!

But considered all of this, as a low level I frankly would not come, least not in the first days, just saying. I know some will and I donā€™t blame anyone, but this is not gonna be like any other world boss where you just show up and grab loot, rather an evening is to expected with lots of wiping, where everyone needs to give his and her best and listen closely to whoever got the lead.
Sadly I canā€™t likely come myself, working almost all WE, but hope thereā€™s other events, for example on the weekend after - so Best of Luck to everyone!!

3 Likes