Open Question to the Community about the wilds

Now all of this motivates me to sneak into the wilds and wait for someone to be killed and steal the loot lol.

Without being seen by anyone, of course :yum:
No one would ever know lol

2 Likes

Still makes you a minor bandit, but hey thatā€™s valid lol

If i am a bandit i am killable by everyone and everywhere right?

1 Like

yep, that is correct.

and if killed, will i drop tradeables while not in the wilds?

1 Like

I feel like itā€™s a jerk move, yes.
Particularly if someone is in the middle of combat with a mob and another someone comes in and attacks that person.
Thatā€™s ganking.

However, The Wilds are always-on PVP zones, so while I may feel it to be a jerk move, it IS ā€œlegalā€ and not cheating.

not sure how that works, but I donā€™t think you drop your bags if your not in the wilds.

The only consensus is there is no consensus. I donā€™t even know if you could find full agreement in any given fellowship.

If weā€™re giving opinions, my personal sentiment is that if you want to harm me and mine, I am going to seek any and all retribution possible. I donā€™t care if you think itā€™s all in good fun, or that just because the game allows it there should be no hard feelings.

The game allows people to be obnoxious braying jackasses in any number of other ā€œlegalā€ ways too, and thus I can personally regard you as a jerk, opt out of having anything to do with you, and kill you without mercy, as the game allows all of that as well.

12 Likes

Iā€™m fine with open PVP in the Wilds. Rules are rules, and there arenā€™t very many of those in the wilds zones. However, you donā€™t have license to grief or be an ass. Kill me if you must, take my droppable stuff, and move on.

Know that fellowships and friendships are real in this game, though, and understand that actions have consequences. You may just find yourself with a very lucrative bounty to a large group of people who will ensure that the remainder of your Orbus career will be unpleasant.

2 Likes

Do people think this will work?

Wait wait wait. Do I have a bounty yet? And if not, whatā€™s it gonna take?

3 Likes

see thats the attitude that makes fighting back not worth itā€¦ they want you to fight back they want to get a rise out of you ignore them and move on better advice couldnt be givenā€¦ oh and carry nothing at all so you waste their time.

3 Likes

You thinking that someone is a prick does not make that person a prick. This is part of what annoys me. There are so many people in this game who try to impose their way of playing on other people, then judge other people for not playing how they want to play. Welcome to life. People have different perspectives and your perspective is not the only oneā€¦

This whole thread is people saying ā€œI donā€™t like PvP so anyone who PvPā€™s is a jerk!ā€ I think you are all jerks for not PvPā€™ing! I bought this game strictly for Wilds PvP and you guys are not going out there enough to PvP! You are jerks! Please play like me!! :stuck_out_tongue:

i dont think thats what he said thoughā€¦ he sounded like he meant the people who pvp that want to rub it in afterā€¦ those areā€¦ jerksā€¦ just pvping someone is a function of the game but you dont have to then act better than others because of it. if i understood his meaning anyhow.

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised no one as tried ā€œrole-playingā€ a bandit yet. That is going up to a fisherman, demand two runemage reagents and a rare fish in trade and offer to protect them for five minutes in exchange. And actually follow through on protecting them or killing them if you canā€™t come to an agreement. Seems like it would be a good way to PvP while annoying people less. Iā€™d be absolutely thrilled to have that kind of interaction in a video game.

Iā€™m not interested in ganking players but Iā€™m glad PvP areas exist although I havenā€™t really had a chance to explore them yet. These kind of zones can make for really exciting and interesting gameplay.

2 Likes

We consider a discussion like this to be perfectly valid about one of the major aspects of the game but Iā€™d like to remind everyone to stay respectful and avoid using demeaning language or personal attacks towards people for either liking PVP or not liking PVP. Itā€™s neither productive or respectful and doesnā€™t reflect positively on people using it to get their point across.

9 Likes

Yeah, you jerks! /s

For real though, I donā€™t think anyoneā€™s unreasonable for feeling negatively towards PVP. Itā€™s not going to deter me from PVPing freely, but still.

2 Likes

Nope, there is nothing in the original post that talks about that. He is just asking if going into the wilds and killing someone for their loot is a jerk thing to do. To be clear here, he is passively aggressively calling people who do that jerksā€¦

1 Like

Look, it seems like the ultimate question is this: what do we do about dishonorable players? Thatā€™s an important question to a lot of people who feel reasonable animosity towards aggressors. Thereā€™s not a lot of recourse in most cases, especially if the person got away clean with the goods, but I think thatā€™s something that will improve over time, much like a lot of this game. I do hope it gets addressed in Content Patch 3 to peopleā€™s general satisfaction.

1 Like

I feel there is room for all types of players if each kind of activity gives different but equally important rewards.

• Arena / Battlegrounds for the ā€œgood sportsmanā€ PvP type.
  • High-level dungeons for PvE grinders.
  • The wilds for those who just want open unrestricted warfare.

Itā€™s just a matter of adding the content and figuring out what kind of rewards make sense and how to balance it all so everyone can participate in the game economy.

I donā€™t like the idea of different servers for each set of rules, especially with such a small community as Orbus.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to say that but, fun fact, the pvp guild leader - if iā€™m not mistaken you run the UoH - single handed confirmed many of the prejudice uttered with only couple posts, just a feedback no offense, this is not actually so helpful. And if people seriously think cool exciting pvp must include griefing players thatā€™s even more a reason to separate those into that from those who are not.

Now who is actually ā€œimposingā€ anything on you, in fact it is the other way round. All players are currently strongly encouraged, by having lots of exclusive pve content out there, to play the prey for aggressive dudes and that is exactly what I dislike, the lack of choice.
Not that games offer pvp content at all, that is a normal thing and NO worries if youā€™d read the whole thread there are more than enough left who are into that and even go further than the OP and fight with you over fish and what all :D.
There do seem to be a number of people whoā€™s idea of fair challenging pvp is not the open world-savage-style, though, and for those there would actually be a need for more pvp content, more diversity, namely arenas where playerā€™s level and numbers match, instead of only the wilds.

As for the game you bought, oh I bought the very same game and did not even know thereā€™s a pvp part, go figure. Thereā€™s nothing in the oculus description about it. And if there is, just like in any other MMORPG I played, I do expect people got a real choice to opt out of that, that is all.

And btw, here is the game description, most who buy the game will not google up tons of info or even know what the ā€œwildsā€ are, they do expect, first and foremost, what is announced in the description. Pvp is a nice-to have addon, why not, but nothing indicates it is a vital part of the game, in any way:

ā€œOrbusVR is the first fully-realized MMORPG designed from the ground up for room-scale virtual reality.
It features everything you love about an MMO: a huge open world, dozens of hours of quests following an intriguing story, interesting lore and characters, dragon pets, five-player group dungeons, world bosses, voice chat, player trading, fishing and crafting, and more!
Plus youā€™ll be part of a world brimming with thousands of other players.ā€

2 Likes