Orbus beta safari!

Yes, it saves in the steam’s screenshot folder like any other game. The name of the folder is 250820 (the steamVR’s code since orbus isn’t on steam yet)

Omg I wish I had known that beforehand, I could have actually had a chance for an avatar.

I love the chest piece! Green is a good color on me!

You made the warrior desert gear as well right? That set looks AMAZING on Logan!

1 Like

Agreed. I like the musketeer armor with metal parts, but the ranger helm and musketeer helms should switch. I think it would match the armor better. Warrior gear is on point. I love big plate armor and you nailed it. So perfect! Next test I’ll need the gloves and shoulders to be the ultimate tanking machine!

1 Like

I’m thinking I’ll go through them on tuesday

I agree that the musketeer and ranger desert helms look like they should be switched. :blush:

Also

1 Like

So before I said it wasn’t possible I tried making the screenshot by pressing both buttons really short, holding them 1 second and holding them 4 seconds. Then I searched for the photo’s in the screenshots folder, but they weren’t there. I tried manually searching, and I tried kind:=Picture that lists all pictures in every subfolder from where you search. Then I tried the same with the appdata, Documents, Pictures and whole steam folder. Because the photo’s still didn’t pop-up and every search on google just resulted in saying “how to make photo’s from your steam games with steamvr”, I concluded it wasn’t possible.

Also it only makes a 3D photo. Because I have none to view, I can’t say if a 3D photo is useful or not…

Oh man, everything is more difficult with VR :p. Sorry you had such a tumultuous time with getting screenshots dude

also, @Sour your last screenshot made me realize that sometimes, a like just isn’t enough. I wish the forums had a “made my day” button

I just press they at the same time without holding. If you get it you should get a “Taked screenshot” notification in-game, but it happears after a few seconds.
I don’t know about 3D photo, but in my folder there are just the 2D screenshot.

So I broke my 3 to 1 cable of my HTC Vive. It is the HDMI part, and I don’t have a reserve that fits or is long enough to be playable… It won’t be playing anymore for me and no Boss Raid either. :frowning:

But I did have the time to make a beautiful album of the Flora and Fauna journey I had the past days with… lets say a special friend. :wink:

Here it is :blush:

3 Likes

haha that album made me laugh. Good job. I felt like I was on a journey with you.

1 Like

I am glad you enjoyed it :slight_smile:

Last call for album submissions! I’ll be looking over the entries at 8pm EST tonight and will send out PMs to whoevers getting an avatar tomorrow morning. Once I get all those lovely special avatars done, I’ll post them in this thread as an official winner announcement sometime later this week.

Big shout out to everyone who stopped by this thread and posted something from their orbus adventures. This was super fun, and I’ll be doing more stuff like it in the future for sure.

1 Like

I’ll have to send them to you once I get off work and to my desktop. Do you want them in a PM or uploaded somewhere?

As stated in the original post:

Also, I am curious what other people made, so please don’t PM :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Crap, thanks man. I clearly need more coffee…

1 Like

Got the album up!

3 Likes

Nice album! I love seeing new players come in and wonder at all the things the vets take for granted now. It makes me remember how amazing this game is.

Next test I’ll help you run through that dungeon. Right now it’s my favorite.

1 Like

That would be awesome! This game and its community has been one of the best VR experiences and just gaming in general that I have had in a long time.

I look forward to that raid and all the things to come in the next Beta!

Hey All, so the time has come to hand out avatars!

Big shout out to everyone who stopped by and made this thread hella fun. There will definitely be more avatar opportunities in the future.

Our winners are (in no particular order):

@Casey_B :

And @Scott_M :

And also! surprise surprise, two bonus winners!

@Sour (I hope you like clint eastwood)

and @Shiki

All of you orbus community members are awesome and wonderful. Thanks for stopping by and indulging my need for beta festivities!

7 Likes