OrbusVR on the Oculus Store Today

Today at approximately 10 AM PST / 12 PM CST OrbusVR will be available for sale on the Oculus Store. Hooray!

Note that if you already own the game on Steam, there is no reason you have to re-purchase it on the Oculus Store, the version on Steam is the same software with the same native Oculus SDK support. The only difference is the Steam version uses Steam ecosystem stuff (like achievements) and the Oculus Store version uses Oculus ecosystem stuff.

However, if you’ve been holding out and waiting for the game to come to the Oculus Store since it is your preferred platform, today is your lucky day!

The game will retail for the same $39.99 prices as it does on Steam.

There will probably be a lot of new players joining us today, so please give them a warm and inviting welcome as they begin to discover the world of OrbusVR for the first time.

11 Likes

We are now live and available on the Oculus Store.

3 Likes

Silly question, and I’m already under the impression this is not available but I have to ask. Is there any way to convert our Steam version to Oculus or would we need to solely repurchase?

Follow-up question, if we do decide to repurchase, are there any anticipated issues with linking the account to the Oculus version?

Ive got the steam version but want to swap to the oculus version so i can get gifts for oculus home as i play. Would that be possible without having to buy it a second time? I only chose steam version from when i purchased it in beta so id be able to give it a great review in steam since its such a popular platform. Sucks not getting all the cool loot for oculus home since this is the only game i ever play now haha

If you already bought it on Steam and want to get it on Oculus, then I would hang tight for now. I can’t give you an Oculus Key or switch it over, but the folks at Oculus are seeing what they can do to help us out, I should have more info on that next week.

However, just to be clear, no promises on this, it’s just something they’re exploring with us right now. It may end up being that if you want it on both you have to buy it on both. I have no way of refunding your Steam purchase at this point.

5 Likes

Thanks Riley! I have no problems buying it again on Oculus. I’m just wanting to be sure I can link my account to the Oculus version. Thanks for looking into this and I’ll hang tight!

Yeah thanks ill look forward tl the update. It starts through oculus just fine itd just be nice to get the home loot drops.

I hope they can link it, I cant afford another 40 on a game I already have :sweat_smile: if not, ill just live with it lol. Its not like I wont be able to play anymore or something.

hope so really hate how steam makes my pc lag oculus home has no issues but steam is crazy shutter lag on every game so I prefer oculus home if possible. thanks for looking into this if only I waited one more week before I got the game. really hope i don’t need to buy another copy, Question if i do need to buy another copy some day will it be my same account?

Yes it’s the same account for sure.

congrats on oculus store eventually, oculus is really slow on this process.

Apologies Riley, I think I misunderstood. If I buy the Oculus version, it will still show my character and account from the Steam version?

Yes, it’s all linked together via your OrbusVR account.

2 Likes

thanks for your quick reply this is good to know.

Awesome! I’ll be grabbing it tonight!

1 Like

I feel like there should be a button or display graphic on the website home page regarding availability on the Oculus store.

1 Like

Hi there,

May be a silly query but i just bought the game for the first time on the occulus store. when i go to activate my account it sends me to steam where it says i don’t have the game? how can i activate my account through occulus instead of steam?

A quick reply would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

All you have to do is start the game on oculus and log in (while in VR) using your Orbus account details. It will link the account that way.

2 Likes

hi,

When it sends me to the website to create an account and i got to say ‘get the game’ it directs me to steam? it doesn’t recognise that i have the game through occulus? i don’t see any option to get the game on occulus throught the website