OrbusVR: Reborn crashing soon after launch

I posted about this before but forgot to check for replies and now it is closed, my apologies for that!

“I have OrbusVR on steam and have tried to play it using Virtual Desktop. When I launch the game, it says “waiting for OrbusVR” (or something like that) and then I’m left in SteamVR without anything showing. When I go back to my desktop (using Virtual Desktop and SteamVR still open) it shows that the game isn’t being played anymore.”

I use an Oculus Quest 2, my pc meets the system requirements as well :frowning: I do not know what is wrong

Hi, just to eliminate some possibilities, are you able to run it through SteamVR without virtual desktop and see if it still crashes?

Hi! I just tried running OrbusVR: Reborn with SteamVR via Oculus Air Link instead of Virtual Desktop and oddly, it runs great! No issues when using Oculus Air Link for the game.

It may be a virtual desktop issue - I know some players have played through it in the past, but we don’t officially support its use on our side, so it could be causing some problems running the game.

I use Virtual Desktop and when I launch the game through SteamVR it gives me the same “Waiting for OrbusVR” screen. I always have to go back to my desktop to accept the prompt that’s like “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?” or whatever.

1 Like

Ah okay thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.