Overleveling perk points

Most other harvestables are seen as abundant that is why I said rocks specifically.

Increasing the dram cap would not be the solution. Hoarders gotta horde ya know. Giving even hoarders a reason to spend dram rather than keeping it for maybe something better sounds like a way better solution. Although would be very cool if the dram cap would become something insane like 100 mill :stuck_out_tongue:

Its kind of a stupid spiral now, the only stuff a hoarder will buy is something that takes alot of time to obtain, but at the same time the hoarder is a hoarder because they took the time to obtain the stuff that takes a lot of time so they don’t need to buy it in the end. And not many wants to also spend the time into making this harder to get stuff and then just sell it (at-least when they aren’t hoarders). That is why I think the only solution would be having to have something that can only be obtained by dram. Which needs to be a continuing feature and not a 1 time buy item. I am falling in repeat here with my past forum posts but ya -__-. Gonna keep fighting for a better economy :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Another perk could be to increase out of combat health regen

3 Likes

Been fishing today for the 1st time on my index, found it to be much slower than if I was on my quest though I was fishing something harder to catch which could have something to do with it, but it made me think, it could be nice to get perks that effect fishing

• Increased line strength
  • Increased chance of a bite
  • Increased reeling speed

I think I’ll go edit the main post with all these extra ideas so they are all in one place and easy to find

6 Likes

Speeding up the potion making would be really nice.

3 Likes

Cosmetic leveling perks would be nice to like hands that glow with lightening or the ability to have certain pieces of armor that have different animations as you get points in that cosmetic tree

TLDR: fishing bonuses would be nice. Just wish it was developed into to a real mechanic. Since we won’t get that, +1 for fishing bonuses.

When an overleveling perk takes over what should already be given to you via in-game mechanics that exist, I 100% detest it. Examples: alchemy overleveling belongs to alchemy, a faster cauldron should be a house item, a fishing overleveling mechanic should go to fishing, etc. It leeches from a system that should already be more in-depth. That said, we’re already in the deep end and, despite that making drastic changes would be a good thing in my opinion, I don’t expect changes that will improve said systems, or that we’ll ever see any layers of depth in character development or any system. All new content is bare-bones, and old content is rarely revisited or built upon. I just went on a rant, deleted it.

1 Like

Yup, that’s why we keep making posts on what could be done to improve them, Scott did one for the grinder when that came out, but that still hasn’t had any love either, hopefully after the DLC is out the Dev team will revisit some of these things

1 Like

Definitely cauldron speed like up to 30 or 50% will make people want to overlevel asap and will be a huge quality of life improvement … ill finally get a courage to make a “potion stash” and wont fall asleep before i finish first few potions :smiley:

there could be few buttons for speeding or slowing down or some automation (preset heating and adding ingredients from alchemy stash based on looted automation recipes? maybe dlc treasure hunting reward?) this feature could be enabled just for owners of the story pack and will be awarded (account bound) as a huge end of the whole story reward :slight_smile:

Honestly I would prefer the better potion making speed/upgraded cauldron to come from tinkerer, let us build and upgrade our house, improve our storage and whatever through tinkering, make it require lots of essence dust to sink dram or add another higher priced item that has to be bought from a vendor to dram sink with it.

That being said, I’ll still leave it in the main post as an option for overlevel perks because it is still a viable option until they hopefully one day do something with it

2 Likes

Having it be a house option too would ideally let you go back and forth between a slow/fast pot in case you ever wanted to slow down (perhaps for a pricy recipe or a new recipe).

Seeing as the devs are planning on adding new perks, whats your 5 favourite?

• Harvesting Boost
  • Cauldron Speed Boost
  • Fishing Boost
  • Fishing Line Strength
  • Quick Nibble
  • Reeling Speed
  • Exp Boost
  • Movement Speed
  • Health Regen
  • Artificing
  • Tinkerer
  • Less Consuming
  • Quick Aging
  • Rare Critter Hunter
  • Dram Cap

0 voters

• Dragon Breeder - perk that decreases the breeding time of dragons by 25%
4 Likes

As cool as that is, the number would have to be nominal perk level increases to not otherwise destroy the market on dragon breeding and selling. At most a 25% decrease should be the max if you ask me, maybe even a 30%

What does the artificing perk do? Is it like a chance to not consume tiles when putting them into a tileset or what?

And health regen would be out of combat regen I would assume correct?

Check the main post

1 Like

With the new addition of the 3 perks added in the last patch I was thinking of what else could be added came up with these

• Speedy Grinder - Reduces the number of mobs needed to fill each level of the grinder, 5 fewer mobs per grinder level at perk level 5
  • Greedy Grinder - Gives you a 5% chance of an additional “roll” on the unique grinder drop table
9 Likes

“Booty Grinder” should extra rolls for loot on treasure maps

(also this is a terrible perk please don’t add it)

2 Likes

Fishing Reel speed increase
Quicker removal of fish off hook
% chance of additional harvest from gatherables
% time of home cookie cooldown reduced

6 Likes