Paladin in PvP STILL broken

That is not a pvp feature. I know saying removing a class ability is not the way to go, but this is one of the few times that I believe it was the right choice.

Why should mage be able to cast spells and other classes can’t? That’s just the way that the class was made. Not saying that these abilities are perfect the way they are now, but they shouldn’t be outright removed because they are too strong. I also believe that the heal should heal less in pvp, but that is a topic for another thread.

That’s like saying why can ranger shoot arrows and other classes can’t
Spells are the main source of damage, throwing the hammer is not

Then I don’t know what you want. If the point of you saying that paladin has all those abilities and other classes don’t is to make all classes have equal abilities equal then I will just stop talking now because it will be a waste of time. If you would rather nitpick about my choice of words than acknowledge what I was actually saying, then I will be more specific.

Why can mage apply stronger debuffs than any other class? Why can mage cast a light spell and a fireworks spell and other can’t? Why does mage get a buff after almost every single attack and other classes don’t?

Most classes have abilities that others don’t. That’s part of the game.

There is a difference between casting a light spell or casting fireworks and being able to travel much much much faster than anyone else in or out of combat
This isn’t to make all classes equal, this is to make things like the trickster goblin or pvp fun again and not just “oh it was found time to go home” or a “run from the paladin that is much faster than me”

1 Like

Then what I suggested would be a great solution to your problem.

Let’s say they do that
They should at least disable it when you have the goblin
The hammer lasso is way too much already
That way people would be able to catch up and there would be some sort of challenge

yeah, but if it required 5 pips to do a full lasso teleport you wouldn’t be able to do it very often, if at all.

4 Likes

it is in pvp too, but only a 10% damage reduction instead of the full 50%

I was thinking 4 but 5 could work too

Actually not true.

Continuing the discussion from Patch 5.7 (Sprint Six) Patch Notes:

But no effect on paladin hammer toss, obviously.

Make Pally Hammer Despawn/Respawn in Owners Hand If it Hits Any Barrier Object.

This Would Allow Paladins to not be completely destroyed but would prevent them from rubberband slinging because the hammer tends to drop into the ground for that to work .

This would prevent them from throwing their hammers thru walls and floors skipping content and jumping thru barriers no other class is able to do (save a few spots for shaman)

I doubt it is intended for pallys to throw their hammers under mountains to hop thru walls or to be able to get thru impassible barriers that make any other class go black screen.

This would however still allow them to throw their hammer thru bosses like they need to and also keep their mobility and still be faster than most classes in that regard but the throwing while running would be quite curtailed due to the forward momentum keeping the hammer pretty close while trying to hammer throw while running without rubber band.

(Tho I could see you getting around that by throwing your hammer parallel behind you and sidestepping)
I think there may need to be a hard limit of how far the hammer goes before it hits an invisible wall where it hovers in mid air allowing pally to port to max distance. (2-3 teleport distance sounds not completely broken)

Discuss.

That being said … please allow an “Im Stuck Feature” that can be viewable even in black screens because sometimes I fall off a ledge and have to skywalk out swap to pally and throw my hammer thru a cliff to get back on the world.

1 Like

?
Hitting a boss drains the orbs, actually stopping you from jumping.
Also sugestion wouldent slow me down at all, I let my hammer fly high so I can see it, and would probably mostly anoy people, as hitboxes and visible obstacles don’t really match

1 Like

Dodging is easy but dumb… Class that can spam hits will always have an advantage - RIP musky / ranger

“teleportation spam with mage casting is ok but stun is too much” … i have nothing more to say

Yea i saw that and tried to use it but… If you slow a person just for 2s … every better player will just jump around like crazy and laugh to warrior because well… hes gonna die :slight_smile:

Stun is probably good enough, especially if teamed up … problem is hit registration for a warrier in Pvp, and spells hitting on shield still dealing damage/poisoning.

1 Like

Actually… any stun effect stoping hamertossing for 3sec, instantly popping it back in there hand as a indicator, would probably work quite well as a balancer.

1 Like

Damaging the stamina bar by a flat amount & reducing move speed (reducing stamina regen) seems not that atrocious to me. This isn’t quite a full stun, but damaging the stamina bar would drastically reduce someones mobility.

Stun/pushback effects stopping the pally from teleporting might be too confusing from the paladin’s perspective, especially since their debuffs are attached to their hammer. Instantly returning to their hand I guess mildly mitigates that issue.

I ment it litterly locks it to your hand for 3 sec, no tossing allowed. You can add a nice stun indicator as well, but would be easy enough to notice. I mean it would be hard to miss not being able to toss your hammer :grin:

What is really needed is a way to lock Paladins down once in combat, without breaking them outside PvP, or totally nerfig them into into the ground.

A stun stopping you from hammer tossing seems logical, locks down movement if you get in a hit, and stil requiers some skill.

Now healing on the other hand is not scaled to PvP at all. When we first got to reborn and a musky cure heals a 5th of your life, those where manageable numbers in Pvp. The added 15% debuff that the ranger poison arrow added is a joke in the current system, considering it still gives you a full heal with one cure even with the debuff stack :rofl:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.