Patch 10.998- Lvl 30 dungeons, Shard dungeon increase, Shard vendor

Look at the debuff on your character, easy to tell there

That’s a pain in the butt with all the refreshing buffs ect.

2 Likes

Okay balancing wise of the two dungeons trash here is my opinion which should be looked at…:

• The cave dungeon will be a challange. A lot of mages that are either elite or normal, which are very hard to dodge.
  • There are also a decent amount of elite melee mobs which will keep the tank busy.
  • and pistolers always seem to make things harder. Very hard dodgable shots, poison aggro switches chaos.
  • With the little space and mages and pistollers walking away from the player, they seem to like walking against walls and objects and either de-aggro, or get stuck.

Overal rating of trash: Very challanging but might be a good challenge I am looking forward to. No dungeons before we needed to deal with multiple strong mages so a new default strat need to be found for that.

Dungeon look, meh, but not horrible. Thats how caves are in general.

Second dungeon (with mistkeeper):

• This one I checked every trash group and it is all 1 melee, or 2 melee, or rarely 3 normal melee. Then there is also the rare groups with 1 elite melee and no other melees and that is it.
  • For Non melee mobs, they kill no-one who keeps a bit active. No poison, no hard to dodge spells. They aren’t even close to as dangerous as the mage or pistoler.
  • Mob groups are very far apart and there is alot of room to not get the next group on accident. This is positive. BUT because all the groups are very easy to kill this makes it way too easy of a dungeon trash wise. I would recommend upping the difficulty of this dungeon’s trash by a bit. Adding an extra melee on some, adding more punishing ranged mobs maybe.

Overal trash rating: easiest I have seen in any of the dungeons. Will have to be more challenging and interesting dynamics for sure. Or it will be boring fast for many.

Look, complete astonishing awesomeness. We had multiple wow moments. Well done :+1:

Boss fights on both dungeons need a lot more runs with different challanges levels to say anything meaningful of it. They all seem fun on first sight.

Thanks for using my shard vendor idea, but 3000 to 1 conversion for minor to effervescent? That is over 30 stacks. To put it in perspective: I have done 246 levels past 30. In that time I have not even gotten the achievement for destroying 10000 items, but I am probably close. So I have probably gotten 9000 minor shards at most. That would be 3 effervescent. Also i got about 300 major shards with that so that is 1 more E shard. So 4 E shards for 300+ hours work? It takes on average 15 or so E shards to reroll a legendary to get decent affixes. Around 50 on average if you want perfect affixes. An exchange rate over 1000 to 1 is pretty ridiculous. Somewhere around 300-500 to 1 would be reasonable. It would still take tons of work to gather shards to reroll legendary weapons and there would be a thriving player economy for trading shards with each other.

8 Likes

Wow, with numbers like that it was almost pointless to spend all the time implementing this feature.

3 Likes

The vendor thing is rediculous yes. It should change to a way lower number for sure. But also keep in mind that by grinding in different spots with more major drops this speeds up a little. So the grind time guess is bit off.

With about the same overlvls as Landru I did a good amount of them if not most by grinding only itself. With the stuff I got from it and barely the 25k destroy achievement I am getting around 20 eff shards from this. But that is by shard farming constantly whole and half days for months on one of the best shard places. Which almost no one will ever do.

Somewhere around the 500 to 1 ratio sounds reasonable. If the devs find that too easy then at-least still lower it by a bit more then this crazy high 3000 to 1 ratio.

Making a calculation of grinding needed for 1 efferescent shard:
Grinding 1 hour yields 15 major, 80 minor. (With max luck)

15 x 10 + 80 = 230 minor worth of shards.

3000 / 230 = about 13 hours for 1 eff (rounding down)

13 hours * 15 = 195 hours for a meh affix result. That 195 hours was only 195 if the only focus was efficient eff farming. Thus would be way more time like Landru’s example.

20 dram for a minor shard
3000 × 20 =60 000 dram

Current effervescent shard price in market 70 000-100 000 dram
:thinking:
Value wise quite high…

I think he is trying to keep the price up.
Probably ment for one step upgrades as you level.

1 Like

Yep 60k dram vendor value. Average 50 shards to reroll a legendary to perfect affixes. That is an average cost of 3 million dram.

Not really digging on the Golden Egg shard affix. Its more annoying than fun. There also appears to be no visual indicator of when it will damage you or is no longer going to damage you. I also REALLY hope it stops when you get to the boss. We couldn’t find out due to getting stopped dead in our tracks by the marksman scav.

Ya the lack of visual indicators for the golden egg really sucks. Is the idea with the golden egg to force us to 4 man everything now as it takes 1 person out of all the fights? Mages can still cast while holding it, rangers can still shoot arrows but not grab their special arrows, muskies cant do anything as they cant grab orbs. I think it would make more sense if you could pick up the egg and still do all of your normal activities while you had it. Also it keeps falling on the floor and is pretty annoying to have to bend over to pick it up. Wiping the whole group after 10 seconds of no one holding it seems pretty over tuned. I think this could be a good mechanic with some tweaks but as it is we found it really annoying and not fun. I could see this being a great mechanic for a single boss fight as it is, but not for a shard affix that lasts the whole dungeon.

1 Like

Just don’t pick them up :tipping_hand_man:

i did a tier 11 shard, and got a swift whisper bow from it (1-7 i think?). i believe this is un-intentional?

There aren’t any new normal weapons for 11-15. So if the game decides to give you a weapon, it will do the legendary roll, and if you don’t get a legendary, it gives you a weapon from the 1-10 pool instead.

Oh sorry I misunderstood something at first

Dat scoundrel clench?

is it me or dose the ottathamine merchant look like hes in basin no the rain-forest?
like near or in the air docks

Just a heads up, we found the cause of the crash related to the Luxury Mount quest and why it only happened to certain players and we know why it happens now - we’ll let you know when we have a possible fix or resolution.

Thanks.

1 Like

@Rickness_Voidwalker Try out the mount quest when you get a chance again, we have a possible fix in live now.

Minor shards are 30 dram not 20, so 90,000 dram

I would also say the spikes could do with being slightly bigger, they were hard to hit compared to the ones in preborn

While this is useful for some classes, it’s not great for all of them, mages wands are constantly moving their wand for example, also the debuff on your bar does the timer thing now which makes it a bit more difficult, the gas clouds in the air should make it clear to see which phase it is, like it used to be

Will check it out once I log in later