Patch 11.21- Jan 7th- End of Festival and Bug Fixes

I am still experiencing the green line journal bug, even after the client update.

1 Like

Could this perhaps be changed to an exact number? So say I have 4238 (completely random number btw) critters captured out of 10000 (I think thatā€™s an achievement?), it would say 4238/10000 instead of the percentage. That makes things a little more exact and easier to track, especially for the higher number achievements. Would be really cool if you did.

4 Likes

Thisā€¦ I have NO clue why thereā€™s percentages in the game instead of numbers, same thing on quests. An exact number gives you a real sense of progress and allows planning, a percentage is just a guessing game, specially with high numbers.

With quests I kill 1 mob, look at the percentage, then do the maths to know how many I need (same with, for example, potionsā€¦ I wanna farm my mats before, not run out in the middle of crafting), which is silly if there could be a number in the first place, but well, guess itā€™s better than not knowing numbers at all like before.

4 Likes

Itā€™s a great start but like the others said, numbers across the progress vary would be much better 4,321/10,000 is a lot better than a percentage bar with no numbers to indicate your progress, itā€™s still a guessing game right now, though not as bad as before

2 Likes

I am getting a lagg spike when ghosts chance into visible players. Just getting my concern out in advance: Lets hope this is not the case for everyone on worldbosses, because in such an area with so many ppl you will constantly load in new close characters and unload others. Because of all the movement.

1 Like

@Robert
I like this Idea. But when I went to view them, there seems to be wayyyy to many and scrolling becomes almost impossible. I would like to suggest putting categories and we can then drill down in each one?

1 Like

Weā€™re looking into adding more information to the achievements page such specific numbers but it will require some work to make sure it doesnā€™t cause an additional performance hit to retrieve numbers for each achievement from the server.

We wanted to have the basics in place showing the percentages all at once so that way people would have a better way to track them than before at least, but weā€™ll be looking at improving on to it in the future.

5 Likes

Using the index controllers i find it extremely hard to find anything on the achievement page as it scrolls way too quick. A way to organise or slow it down is needed IMO

1 Like

I hate that its not a setting and its tied to graphics.

2 Likes

As expected in the world boss vent it was me having around 45 fps stable on ultra, or freeze fps spikes on low. while also feeling 100x more empty.

4 Likes

Can confirm the world boss felt horrible with the new graphics. I had the worst of both, either lower graphics for a ton of ugly ghosts and constant lag spikes when they load in or turn graphics to ultra and get a constant low frame rate. Really not a fan of this change. Plus in pvp you cant see everyone so someone could see you but you cant see them, thats just unfair ( I know quest users have already complained about this issue)

6 Likes

Weā€™ll take a look at whatā€™s going on with those. The intent was to improve the performance overall in big group events like that, not reduce it - so if ghosts are causing spikes thatā€™s an issue to resolve. Iā€™ll pass your feedback along.

2 Likes

I will say that there might also want to be an option for us to shut off the pets. Most didnā€™t want to unequip them as it is a pain going around picking up loot drops. Maybe that could also help with frame rate.
I did the same a ewok and scott and had the same results. At one point we had 50 ish in a shard at a time during the boss fight. With so many on at one time in a relative small space characters were rendering in and out constantly. I played as a tank so I was not moving around as much as others might have been. The spikes I noticed were really bad each time there was a visual ground effect from the boss. Half the time I didnā€™t know if I was descynced or my attacks were registering.
I will say I didnā€™t crash any, so good job with handling the server load.

3 Likes

Perhaps make it so you can enable only seeing those in your party and no one else or settings similar to that so we have more control and the game does not have to load in and out characters over and over if set correctly? More settings on this stuff would be much appreciated.

1 Like

I think that would feel divisive to the community. How would a healer from another party heal you for example?

Well, healers are most crucial in dungeons or raids where youā€™ll be in a party anyway. World bosses and such is a different story where youā€™re not in a party most of the time so that would be an issue I suppose.

But I thought there was a patch that made it so party members would show up as ghosts before others (at least for the Quest).

Prioritizing party members to load In over others would be handy imo.

If anything, should have a setting to adjust the maximum number of ghosts that can load in at one time.

1 Like

So it sounds like overall community would rather have the settings on their own rather then tied into the existing graphics settings of low, med, etc. So maybe something like player culling off, low, med, high (with high being the most aggressively culled). Like mathieu said above we will also dive deeper into why you are getting lag spikes when new players transitioned from ghosts, and if anyone has output logs around still from the world boss fight (havenā€™t logged back in since the fight) that would be great or if you can send them next time you do a world boss or are having the lag spikes when players are loading in that would also be great. Thanks for the feedback.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.