Okay so TLDR: Any boss hitting you with 1 pip or less, then stun lock. Otherwise do not stunlock.
Okay the thought here of the flaw of the stunlock encouragement for more aggro:
- Stunlocking a boss will on average gets a mob stop hitting you for 2 seconds. (give or take. Depending on someone removing the stun, or no-one ever)
- A stun does “7382” aggro normally. (relative number for the others)
- A pip does “11356” aggro normally.
- Some medium strength bosses will give guarantee 2 pip every time they hit. (there are way stronger and weaker ones). (Don’t forget crits exist too)
- An enemy hits once every 2 seconds.
So stunlocking 5 pips will loose you around 2 pips in this example.
having the pip stunlock now do double aggro will give you:
(7382x2) x 5 = 73820 aggro
While not stunlocking will give you:
11356 x (5+2) = 79492 aggro
Any medium strong boss will give you more aggro by NOT stunning them. Because not stunning will give you 79492 aggro instead of 73820. If enemies get stronger it is worth even more not stunning.