Patch 13.05 May 4th 2021-- Healer/Tank Initial Balance Pass

In terms of the warrior vs paladin conversation. The only reason people seem to choose warrior over paladin is better aggro, But paladin holds aggro fine from my experience so unless you have someone pulling 100k+ consistently then paly wins every scenario.

Thinking about it from what i’ve seen the only reason warrior is better then paladin is because warrior can hamstring where as paladin cannot. So for boss 2 citadel thats nice… everything else though is pointless.

just kinda rambling about paly vs warrior from this point feel free to correct me
So paladins have multiple stuns vs 1 cooldown stun warrior
Paladins have a much better aoe vs no viable warrior aoe damage (just let mobs hit your shield for group aggro)
Paladins heal vs warrior heal is interesting, paly can do it based on there books with an empower option, warrior needs a mob but can constantly and consistently heal ~ i don’t know which is better/its a lot more situational.
Paladin does good damage for a tank vs warrior that does next to 0 dmg due to always provoking through the shield to survive ~ even with the dmg buffs I doubt warrior will do anywhere near paladin damage.
Paladin can hammer tp anywhere with a pip (assuming its not staying gutted) vs warrior can sword rush to people ~ both good but 1 can go anywhere vs 1 needs a player/mob (you hammer to mobs/players 99% of the time anyway).
Paladin can tank bolts vs warrior cannot ~so paly can retain ranged/magic mobs aggro whereas warrior cannot

Warrior can hamstring to slow mobs/bosses vs paladin cannot
If your a very good Warrior then you can hold higher aggro than paladin vs a dps pulling likely 110K+ dps consistently over a fight at least ~at this point its truly end game for everyone

3 Likes

Btw, I have yet to come across a player doing 100k+ dps constently. (Others might have?). But that is too rare to be considered an advantage of warrior.

1 Like

I noticed at a shard level 10 today my large shied break s more fast then before did you guys accidentally lower is health on it

Honestly the only way I think we’ll ever see warrior doing consistent damage is if they make it to where the sword doesn’t hit the shield anymore because like you said people just do the combo through the shield anyways making it like a 60/40 ratio of shield to non shield timing

2 Likes

One major issue I have is that bard buffs (specifically protection’s shield) override other buffs that are stronger. Bards 7.5k protection shield overrides any other shield such as musky’s like 50k shield. Its a big issue that makes the instrument useless in raids. I have a similar issue with warrior stun: your shield bash is such a huge suitability increase… until a musky charge shots immediately and deletes your stun (all interrupts are stuns) and you get 0 benefit.

Due to stuns being overwritten you can technically have a pushback mage get rid of all pally stuns allowing hammer throw to get more agro than hitting the boss without hammer throw.

Another major issue is that with the pally buff to pally throw agro it is even less viable to run warrior: With pally stunning using Scott’s placeholder numbers the agro difference is around 6600 making it possible to no heal by stun locking as you have enough resources as pally. This was one of the one advantages that warrior had in which it could more easily no heal a boss. Due to the buff a boss can just be stunlocked and this makes warrior’s one niche absolutely worthless. There is 0 reason to run warrior over pally now in endgame.

5 Likes

one little thing I’ll add to this for future just changes for bard please make the tick heal happen more often like if its every 3 seconds make it every 1.5 seconds but its half the healing because sometimes it can get a little close with when the tick heal comes in and I’d rather have it more consistent then a burst every couple seconds

and for warrior one thing that may help get that starting aggro off the horn if you’re tank swapping is if they shield bash gives a bit of agro this may already be a thing but if it is it should probably be buffed

4 Likes

40% buff to warrior’s damage is awesome, will feel much more useful overall.
Biggest issue for me was inconsistent slashes and having them be unidirectional. Having combos just be vertical/horizontal (2 axis instead of 4) would completely solve the insane repetitive spammy nature of the melee class. Paladin can match it’s damage effortlessly, and now has aggro on top of heals and wild damage resistance with good timing.

Warrior is in a decent spot, it just needs to be a bit more ergonomic especially since slashes are very often misread or at the very least kind of painful by the end of a few dungeons.

@Mathieu_D Is there going to be any more class balancing before Hard mode goes live?

We’ve got changes planned to address some of the last feedback for the Raid launch patch, we’re still finalizing them so I can’t confirm what they are exactly yet. But working on something to help with warrior aggro/magical survivability, paladin throw behavior & some remaining tweaks on bard.

5 Likes

You know I have to ask, right? Like, it’s expected of me and would be rude not to :smiley:

1 Like

More cowbell, perhaps?

1 Like

I cannot thank you enough for this. This made Bard a class with multiple different metas, and the fact that we have options now is AMAZING!

I do have a question about Song Sword:
It mentions giving the damage boost to nearby allies when using Smart Heals. What is the range for this? As in, if I use a Cure Wounds Crescendo and it heals the Tank, will a DPS 5 meters away receive the buff? 10 meters away? 30 meters? I’m getting ready to release a new Bard PDF/video, and want to make sure the information is accurate.

Based on my testing, it’s an immediate pulse centered on the Bard, activated as soon as the Crescendo is activated. Everyone within the passive effect range is affected, which means Reverberate will extend Song Sword as well. Does this sound correct?

Thank you. After the latest patch, the slower return rate on the hammer has removed the issue we were having with hammer-despawns at the end of the current throw range.

Though after some extensive distance testing. It is now clear that the max throw range (at current) is only 1/2 of what could be done in a single (unaided) throw of the hammer before. (It takes 2-pips to cover the same distance that 1-pip could take a player before).

@Mathieu_D there is something that would be really nice for PVP. Right now the musky-turret only affects friendly players (in your party).

It would be really really nice if when set to the zappy-turret mode, it would attack players who are outside your party. At the moment in PVP it is only useful to spread effects.

And somewhat related (Sorry, I had forgotten to mention back during the shaman fix). It would also be nice if when in PVP Rupert attacked PVP players who you are attacking.

… right now all he does is stand there … :sob:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.