Patch 3.35 & Server Restart

grab to sprint, slow walk is fine

Okay I see the problem. I will fix it in tomorrowā€™s small patch.

1 Like

Sure, a link would be appreciated! Thanks again.

Looks like it works fine now, dunno why it was bugged.

Yeah itā€™s definitely an intermittent bug, but I know what caused it, so it shouldnā€™t happen at all after the patch tomorrow. Thanks for letting us know about it.

I am currently trying to log in and I can get to the character select screen but it keeps sending me back to steam desktop which I didnā€™t have a problem with before. I sent riley two different crash reports.

So you get to the login screen, and then you pick your Character, and then rather than loading the game gives the unresponsive menu and crashes? Or it just opens the Steam Overlay thing? Orā€¦?

Okay so i got your crash files, thanks that helps.

It seems like the game isnā€™t able to allocate enough memory to start upā€¦do you have other programs open that are taking up memory you didnā€™t have open before? Have you tried restarting your computer? You only have 8 GB of memory it looks like which should be enough to run the game but not much else at the same time.

If you restart your computer and still canā€™t open the game let me know.

So Iā€™m getting ready to head off to bed for the evening but I donā€™t know if you got this working or not, so just in case, I made you a special build where I turned off the new Static Batching feature which is the only thing I could think of that might cause this to happen if it wasnā€™t happening before.

If you right-click on your OrbusVR game in your Steam Library listing, and hit ā€œPropertiesā€¦ā€, you should see a ā€œBetasā€ tab. Choose that and then choose the ā€œnostaticbatchingā€ branch from the list. It will update and then try that and see if it helps. (If itā€™s not showing up, you may have to exit out of Steam and start it up again to force it to refresh the list since I just added it).

I donā€™t think that should really take up any more memory but it was the only thing I could think of thatā€™s changed in the new patch that might be causing this to happen, so if restarting your computer didnā€™t help try that and see if it does.

Let me know either way. And if not Iā€™ll take a look at this in the morning for you hopefully.

Thanks!

I picked my character then it crashed to a blank white room that looks like the steam vr room. But I uninstalled the game then reinstalled it and it worked fine. Maybe the patcher is finicky. I tried restarting my computer and it wasnt working still. Its ok I passed out I assumed that it was server side but reinstalling worked.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.