Patch 4.85 (Server/Client)

If it would be possible to kill a boss without ever getting hit that would be absurd, because the warrior would lose aggro in an instant, as the current possible way to maintain aggro is to block attacks with shield or hit the boss. So I don’t think kiting it around for a few seconds would break the mechanics of t he boss

They say dreams reveal the deepest desires you got in your life… 2 days ago I dreamt I logged into Orbus and my journal had TABSSSS :smiley:

Okay, well I’m not sure if you knew that was possible or not (although you said in your reply “prevent the boss from jumping” and I assumed you meant jumping to the tank), but yes it was possible to use this talent to keep away from the boss for the whole fight to the point that it would never even jump to the tanks at all and feed on them, which as I said is obviously not intended. So at any rate, that’s one of the reasons it is being adjusted, among others.

The server restart has been completed and is back online. Thanks!

1 Like

Lol I thought it is hardcoded that it “teleports” to the tank at certain percentage of HP, didn’t know the boss has to be near a player to do so

1 Like

Spoiler :

Wait, maybe I understand incorrectly because my english is not that good or I have the wrong phase of the fight in mind, but isn’t kitting till the buff where out what you guys where doing ?

It is, however, you still can’t 100% ensure not to get hit during that period without the improved rush talent

1 Like

Oh okai.

Like I said I am no warrior :sweat_smile:

And I think that kitting during that phase of the fight is a good move too. Like we can see you can do it for a long time with frost 3. Good move on J’s part there :slight_smile: Helps with removing the buffs

Perhaps increasing the jump range on the boss? Dunno.

This is why these kind of conversations are hard to have when people jump to conclusions. That was not the issue.

Picture that fight, only the boss doesn’t ever go to the tank at all. You don’t have to kill the tanks. The whole mechanic doesn’t kick in.

That was the problem. And again, that was just one example.

EDIT: Edited to add, at this point I think I’ve pretty much said all there is to say on this, we’ll continue to monitor and adjust in the future if we feel like the problem still is/isn’t solved.

as far as I know the jump itself doesn’t have a maximum range, but it has to “attack” a player to jump

Yeah, sorry, I kinda misunderstood, and you are right, the boss should not be killed that way, but I think hardcoding the jump might be better instead of nerfing a talent because of a single boss (not sure if there is any other case like that), though now the decision itself makes more sense, thank you for clarifying the issue :slight_smile:

Just got update on beta. Charge is now my only way to hit as a warrior. Tried log out and back in still same

And this discussion teached me new stuff about the warrior abilities so it was not all in vain. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As your sword strikes aren’t working at all?

Yeah just got a group of us on training dummy. Normal swings dont register. Charge still hits. Shield still stuns.

Okay, working on a fix for that, sorry.

So my apologies for that, I should have caught that before we pushed it out. I’ve got a new build baking for Beta now and should have a fix out the door in the next 45 minutes or so.

Saw the video clip on Twitter of the new journal tabs. Nice!

Have you thought about giving the floating green UI buttons a banner/flag-like background so they look like different colored bookmarks sticking out from the pages of the book from the bottom?

How interesting. I have always wondered if you could potentially kite the boss around indefinitely without triggering mechanics… I guess it is possible but never tried it.