Patch 4.85 (Server/Client)

There’s a new patch out today on the client and server with the following changes:

• Journal Tabs are now in the game! This is a new feature where you will see a series of buttons available below your Journal which you can press with your finger to jump directly to that section of the book. Sections are available for quest information, alchemy recipes, Runemage spells, etc.
  • On the Warrior, the effectiveness of the Blessing of Might has increased from 10% to 15%.
  • When using Improved Rush, the cooldown of each charge of Sword Rush has been increased to 16 seconds from 8 seconds. So you can still use two charges back-to-back, but the charges take longer to build back up overall.
  • The Musketeer’s Turret should now behave correctly with Total Recall and Empowered Turret active, no longer leading to situations where your Turret wouldn’t regenerate.
  • When using Total Recall, the overall cooldown of the turret will no longer be reset when you re-deploy the turret. However, the ability to deploy a totally new turret still won’t appear until your old turret has been destroyed or expires. So basically if you re-deploy your turret several times over 30 seconds, then destroy it, you will now immediately be able to deploy a new one, rather than having to wait.
  • Fixed a bug causing monsters to attack Empowered Turrets with the Poison modifier active.

EDIT: Actually, due to the way that the Journal Tabs work, I’m going to have to make sure this patch goes out at the same time on the default and Beta branches, so it will go out in a few hours. Sorry for the delay.

17 Likes

Nice. Gotta love tabs! Thanks devs!

2 Likes

Uhh, I feel like the Improved Rush got nerfed way too much… It literally means if I have to jump twice in a row, I won’t be able to do it again for 16 seconds. If it would be higher for the second charge only, that would be better. Or having a cooldown of 12 seconds for both. Right now I just feel like the Improved Rush will become pretty much useless, as the whole point of it was to being able to jump twice in a row to get mobility, but if I would do that it would be the opposite

I’m not able to test it but how does the Improved Rush work?

Does it go on cooldown once you use 2 rushes or does the 1st rush go on the 16sec cd once you use it?

It’s the latter, if I use the first rush, it will go on cooldown, but I am able to use the second sword rush, but not sure if both of them can be on cd or not at the same time (I think probably not, never really checked that part)

Sweet now I can keep better tabs on my Journal
I wish there were drum sounds this pun would of been a lot better

1 Like

A little confused at the improved sword rush change. Was there some way that made it seem too powerful as it was? Or do I have my head on wrong as to how it is used?

I think as it stood before this update, if you used sword rush twice in quick succession, it would take 8 sec for the 1st charge to come back and another 8 for the second charge. With that mechanism, I don’t think you could ever spam it too quickly.

Unfortunately the way it is right now it is too powerful at creating opportunities for Warriors to just kite bosses around and never get hit. Slow boss, Rush at friendly player, rinse and repeat. I’m hoping this will help with that but honestly it might just be a broken mechanic we’ll have to remove entirely (at least the Rushing at friendly targets part). if we end up having to do that (and I’m hoping we won’t) then we will replace it with something else.

1 Like

IMO that was the only usage of the talent, so at this point I would rather not use anything for the third thalent than picking improved rush. For some bosses kiting is essential, so I was using the talent to make my life easier, but other than that I would never pick it (especially if the cooldown is increased to double the time)

I mean, the intended usage was not to totally break fights and make it to where the boss never even gets a hit in on the tank, which it is now possible to do.

At any rate, that’s the reason it was adjusted, and as I said we’ll continue monitoring it to see where we go from here with it.

2 Likes

I would rather lose the ability to move to other players in PVE than deal with a 16s cool down on my sword rush. I use sword rush to engage mobs and get to mobs attacking my party. As it stands right now, the sword rush to players constantly glitches out in the desert dungeon and you end up on top of the other player (as it’s been previously reported). The sword rush ability helps warriors move faster between mobs while leveling and farming. We are talking about a significant reduction in warrior mobility.

Really curious about that one, never played warrior and people that tank for me are well geared. Which boss are you talking about ?

I get why you did the adjustment, I’m just saying that with the current changes the talent will become unusable (at least in my opinion)

Just to be clear, the 16-second cooldown only applies to charges when you have taken Improved Rush. The regular non-Improved Rush remains exactly the same as it was (8 second cooldown, can’t rush to players).

The client-side patches are now available to download on both regular and Beta branches on both stores. Restart you Steam/Oculus store app to get them. The server restart will happen in about 5 minutes.

Note that if you don’t get the new patch before logging back in you may experience issues with your Journal due to the changes that were made.

Spoiler

I was talking about Tank Keeper with empowered, the way it is now, if it has 1 (and crits) or 2 (without crit) and jumps to an ally it can 1-hit kill them, so if you can kite it without getting hit, you can prevent it from jumping

1 Like

Oh yeah, true. Didn’t do it since talents and mage nerf so not sure how the fight is now, but before we usually had 0 or 1 buff to it and the tank could take the hit.

But I can see where you are going there. It’s a hard fight specially if you jump in pug groups who are not geared to the teeth and know the mechanics.

1 Like

Usually we can do it with 1 or 0 buff as well, but if something happens, that’s the best a warrior can do at the moment to avoid getting people one shotted

1 Like

Yea, I guess I use the second sword rush more for faster utility (within the cool down of the first sword rush).

I mean I think it’s pretty clear that it’s not intended for you to be able to do the entire fight without the boss ever feeding on the tank at all, that’s the central mechanic of the whole fight. And that’s just one example of a fight this mechanic broke, there are plenty of others.

There’s a line between “makes it easier to do” and “makes it broken” and right now unfortunately this ability is over the line.

3 Likes