Patch 5.1 (Server-Side Patch)

There will be a new patch going out on the server later today with the following changes:

• When you fail a timer on a Shard Dungeon, the person who activated the dungeon will now immediately receive a shard for two less shard levels than the current attempt. So it is no longer necessary to actually finish the dungeon to receive the downgraded shard, but you still have to finish (even after the timer is up) if you want loot. Note that the downgraded shard is now two less levels, not three less levels, than the current attempt.
  • If you complete a Shard dungeon in less than 15 minutes, you will receive a shard upgraded by two shard levels rather than just one.
  • Monsters/bosses in Shard Dungeons will now drop their normal, non-equipment loot (such as dyes, fragments, etc.) while you are running the dungeon.

Our goal with these changes is to make it so that failing to complete a dungeon is not as severe of a punishment, and also to allow you to stay more around the “correct” level of challenge for your group, by not dropping you down as far, and also giving you a way to more quickly recover should you totally lose a shard for some reason.

These changes will probably go out in a few hours, I’ll update this post when it’s live. Thanks!

18 Likes

Being able to gain two shard levels, that’s awesome.

2 Likes

very useful, so now it should be 1 T7 or 6(depending on RNGesus) every 1-1.5 hours instead of 4

one question on the dyes, but are they the same drop rate as before, in particular with TM dye drops because they are insane

Edit: also if you abandon/leave the dungeon before the timer to purposfully stop the timer, does taht count as failure as well and you receive the shard back? or does it only proc when the timer hits 0

Awesome changes, thank you ^-^

1 Like

I know no-one will get close (for now) but what happens when you are at T9 and you do the dungeon within the 15 min mark? Just curious :slight_smile:

1 Like

Secret Tier 11 unlocked!

3 Likes

Awesome! I can’t wait until I’m a high enough level to understand what this all means

4 Likes

Because after you complete a t10, you get another t10. It’s safe to assume it’d just roll that shard twice

Well yes, that is what should happen. If you know how stupid code can be (I think you know, not sure) and if they didn’t thought about that instance well then it is entirely possible that you would come in the holy underground of T11 or the dummy world T0 of-course.

Seriously, these are amazing changes to the shard dungeon system. This will help rank up lower tier shards so we’re not spending as much time on them, and it will help us not lose as much ground when we run into difficulties on higher shard tiers. The addition of dyes and tablets in the shard dungeons is just gravy.

There are still a number of bug, balance, and stability issues to hammer out but this a huge step forward in usability of the system, thank you!

3 Likes

Very good, Shard Dungeons seem interesting so far.

Just FYI we are still planning on this going out this afternoon, just doing some last minute testing now.

Okay, these changes should now be live for any new Shard Dungeon runs that start from here on out. Thanks!

3 Likes

If you guys could balance some of the easier dungeons to be more in line with the rest I think it would help. I have a feeling these current round of nerfs will lead to people focusing more on the easy dungeons to get that 2 level jump. But please not just more mobs or more hit points. Mao’s for sure and the crab fight in particular could use a more challenging mechanic.

Thanks for everything yall do.

Last night there was alot of lag and dcs and i even couldnt log in at one point. My spells also started going through targets again. This started happening right after the patch…

I am going to test again tonight.

Hmmm interesting okay. Let me know. All looks fine on our end.

Now if only the timer on the dungeons can be balanced for the length/enemies/bosses and difficulty, and the changes are scaled to 50% of the total timer rather than 15 minutes.

1 Like

Just gonna bring it back up since it hasnt been commented on in awhile, but the adds in the desert dungeon seem to be much more difficult than any other dungeon, as you need to kill almost all of them, and half of them are elites. unlike any other dungeon, over half of the mobs in the dungeon have the health of elites. this doesnt make the dungeon more difficult, but its makes the time limit much more difficult to beat. also all of the frog healers in the dungeon are elite health as well, and when they are healing 4K health a second its not to fun

There are multiple adds in the desert dungeon that show non-elite, but have elite health. If I remember correctly I believe there are about 11 of them.

3 manitcores
3 frog healers
1 snake
1 cactus
3 ghouls

1 Like

If it helps, I can provide footage of combat involving things like two identically flagged ghouls being pulled at the same time with one being killed normally and the other with obviously several times as much health.

1 Like