Patch 5.6: Sprint Five Part One!

ok thanks, talking to people it seems that only backers who are having this problem, so it seems if u already got backer items for this guy it doesnt seem to be rechecking to see if u need anything else

2 Likes

@Riley_D I haven’t yet gotten on tonight, but I’m wondering how you actually check in game achievements. I was definitely on during that time so should have it but I’d like to see the entirety of the games possible goals or at least what I’ve earned so far i.e. 500lbs of fish caught etc.

Uhhh. Why do I gett the feeling that the fish gett harder to catch the more STR I have?

Haha are they? Same fish type? Might be a bug.

Without STR gear I can reel in sunfish and bass without a problem, with gear they jump around like mad.

Okay sorry about that I’ll investigate.

Those of you who aren’t getting it, are you able to actually talk to the rewards vendor and they just aren’t giving it to you? Or does the NPC not even talk to you?

I go up to the reward vendor (same one that gave backer stuff) and she just has a a blank stare on her face i wave and still stare, so i shoot her and nothing… just stare

same as colonel, i dont get any prompt when waving to the person, also there is no symbol above their head either

Okay, I see the problem. It is affecting 159 of you. I will have to fix it during a server restart, which might happen later tonight or if not then in the morning, sorry for the trouble.

This definitely isn’t fixed yet. See clip: https://clips.twitch.tv/AnnoyingUglyMulePipeHype
It breaks as normal on low settings, but can’t possibly break on Ultra

Are you on Vive or Oculus?

I swear we’ve tested this bug like 800 times and can never get it to work consistently.

Okay so we just did an overworld zone restart. The Strength stat for fishing should work properly now.

I will do a full restart in the morning and make sure everyone can get their cape, I didn’t want to interrupt any shard dungeons or things going on since it’s prime time right now. Thanks!

2 Likes

Does this also mean the fishing line not breaking bug is fixed too?

Apparently not, based on what aeon just shared in that video. I’m not sure why we can’t seem to fix that bug, at this point I am probably just going to have to rewrite the whole system.

I’m on Vive using SteamVR.

I can definitely say that in the time I’ve put into fishing, my line has never once even faded to a slightly red color whereas all of my friends who use Oculus seem to have trouble all the time.

Well we tested it on Vive like 12 times earlier today, so it must be something else going on as well…

Can you send me your output log after fishing if you get a chance? Thanks.

are you in steam beta by chance?

I can hop on, go out and fish one cast on low, then one on ultra, then another on low, then log off, if that works? Anything in particular you want me to do?